Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Post'n Errry Now and Then
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- We noted before that there were two scripts written up for the three-hour June 11th RAW Supershow. The one they used featured a lot of Vince McMahon and the one they didn't used had a lot less Vince and a lot more focus on the wrestlers.
- While some of the best talents in FCW (Seth Rollins, Antonio Cesaro, Kassius Ohno, Dean Ambrose) came from the independent scene, there is a belief that the indy scene is not producing enough talent with WWE potential.

That belief along with Triple H building his management team with people experienced in other sports gives you an idea of his direction with developmental. They are going with the idea that signing top level athletes and teaching them to be wrestlers will develop the kind of marquee guys that can be Superstars.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0614/553492/triple-h/#ixzz1xrUESfmA

Discuss, Do you think this is the way to go?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thats so stupid! The indie promotions i wrestle at and work with, i work with so many talented men and women that would be amazing wwe material but they would prob screw them up like they always do!

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I hate it but what can you do? I guess Vince doesn't get a hard on for indy guys unless they look roided up and ripped to shreds. Work rate means fucking nothing to WWE I guess. Oh well.

·
Post'n Errry Now and Then
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats so stupid! The indie promotions i wrestle at and work with, i work with so many talented men and women that would be amazing wwe material but they would prob screw them up like they always do!
I agree, They need to tap into the potential.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Not to mention their WWE champ and one of the number 1 contenders to his title are two of the best talents the indy scene ever put out. There are plenty of great workers out there, WWE just only focuses on image.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I agree, They need to tap into the potential.
Exactly! To me it just seems like to much work trying to make someone a wrestler when you have plenty of amazing talents all over. Even the women i have worked with are hot and can destroy you in the ring....whats the point of hiring models and try to turn them into wrestlers! So far two of my friends have been signed to developmental and they are amazing, i just hope wwe doesnt screw them up...especially the girl! Shes gorgeous and unique(sp?) and can kick ass! Hope they use her right!

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
This report doesn't make any sense. They believe that signing athletes is best yet all they've done is sign the best indy talent around. Observer logic fail. From what I can see of their direction on talent, based on who they have actually signed, they seem pretty open to anybody with a grain of potential. Besides, why is hiring people in sports management considered a negative thing lol? You want to get a real idea of Trips direction with developmental, look at everything he has actually done since being in charge instead of getting worked up over a bullshit report that makes no sense.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I think i am more annoyed with models getting grabbed and them trying to make them wrestlers but this is coming from a girl who busts her ass in training and shows and then theys models just prance in their and play wrestler....so its a little personal for me so sorry for going on a rant lol

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
People forget that the WWE is a diferent animal completely to the indies...some people can transition. Punk and Bryan are 2 people who have succeeded.

It's A way to go...is it the right way. Fuck knows!

·
The Sundance Kid
18,538 Posts
You can teach them how to wrestle but you can't teach them the passion for the business that is required to endure WWE's schedule. This is a mistake if that is really the direction they're going.

I would think Triple H of all people would realize this point.

·
Registered
508 Posts
TNA! TNA! TNA!. LoL

But to be serious the situation in wwe isn't getting better its getting worse....
They are slowly but steadly taking wrestling out of the equation, and in about ten years all there will be is a bunch of Cena's that know how to pour sauce on commentators and cant WRESTLE!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Kind of like how they tried to get models to become wrestlers? Look how well that turned out.
Except models usually aren't high level athletes.

Still, I don't mind them hiring athletes or models, as long as they train them up properly before putting them on TV. Problems come when they force green wrestlers on to TV long before they're ready.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts