Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Z.Z. sent the following information in about the WWE Network. The following information came from a survey he recently took, and there is some very interesting information included about the big four PPVs (WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble)…

Imagine a 24-hour cable network that was run by The WWE. It featured a mix of WWE-made programs, including new shows, repeats of Raw and SmackDown from USA and Syfy and "classic" or "historical" programs featuring shows from different promotions like classic WWE footage, WCW, ECW, NWA, AWA, etc. from years past.

It would have two new weekly WWE live in-ring shows (wrestling), but not SmackDown or Raw.

It would have a daily live in-studio viewer interactive show similar to SportsCenter.

Additionally, this network would include WWE's "classic big 4" pay-per-view events including WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble to the lineup at no additional cost. Rather than having to pay for them, they would now be specials with the same match quality you're used to seeing on pay-per-view for no additional cost. These 4 events would only be available on The WWE Network.

In addition to The WWE Network, you would receive approximately 30 additional channels including NFL Network, NBA TV, Biography Channel, Fox Business Network and Fuel TV.

How interested would you be in upgrading your service for an additional $7-$12 per month to a tier which would include the WWE Network described above?"

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was wondering about the style of network it would be, pay monthly or a legit cable station. I assumed it would likely cost because they would never make their money back otherwise. With that being said i would pay in the area of $10-15 a month for a 24 hour wrestling channel. Especially if it included current PPV's like suggested above at no additional cost.

You would have to imagine Comcast and Direct TV would get the channel and knowing WWE they would reach out to all cable providers even on a local level in the US because if their is money to be made, Vince is all over it.

·
Old School
4,783 Posts
If it comes in the same package as the NFL, NBA, and other sports networks as well as other premiums than that's going to be a huge plus. Personally, I'd order it even if it was $8-$12 a month for that one network. Sure I have tons of shit on here, but the quality can sometimes be a bit shady plus I have a hard time lounging back in my computer chair and watching a 3 hour PPV or whatever the case is. I'd be more inclined to watch whilst sitting on my couch.

Plus, if you get the big four at no additional cost and it isn't on a delay and has nothing edited out and is live at the same time it is on PPV, than that's going to attract some big numbers. You get the four biggest PPVs of the year free with your description. You're saving roughly $228-$232 a year if you plan on buying them anyway. Even if you're not you now get them free with subscription.

Great deal it seems.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Sounds good,, but is this going to be a US only thing? Because if so that fucking sucks.

·
I Have Mixed Drinks About Feelings
333 Posts
Does anybody have any details what-so-ever on the WWE Network in the UK? I'd be VERY interested in this!
We don't even have any details pertaining the U.S. markets yet. All we know is that the channel will launch next year. It'll probably start in major markets through U.S., Canada and Mexico then expand from there.

·
Registered
144 Posts
So, this is hypothetical and not actually the real things that will be featured on the channel.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
That sounds like a great deal. The $10 or so for the channel, and it comes with Rumble, Mania, Summerslam, and Series? That's outstanding, on top of the round the clock classic footage.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
I don't understand the idea of the "big four" being labeled as "specials" instead of pay-per-views. They are still pay-per-views, right?
I think it's because you won't have to pay an extra money when they are on the new network so they be stuff you pay-per-view.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts