Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had enough of seeing New Days overly childish antics and Big E acting like a big brainless fruitcake smh. I think it would have been a perfect opportunity and setup if Big E faked his attack by Owens backstage right when he knew Kofi had his match so Xavier could handle the situation on his own while Kofi had his match. It would have been a great pre meditated plan if Big E did that so he could attack Xavier alone backstage first so he couldn't try to stop Big E and then while Kofi was distracted by Heyman he should have been the one to attack Kofi instead of Ziggler and it would have really threw the fans off in a good way.

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
The New Day is never breaking up. They know they need each other to stay over and continue selling merch and they seem like genuinely good friends off-screen. I don't like them at all but I do respect it because they stick up for one another unlike Seth and Roman who only pretended to be Mox's friend but had no problem following Vince's orders to bury him while laughing all the way to the bank with shit eating grins on their faces.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
This act has been old for quite sometime, Big E's mannerisms and facial expressions are creepy as hell too...

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
Stop suggesting that New Day break up, they never, ever, ever, EVER WILL.

The players in New Day are only as good as they are because they cover for each other's weaknesses, that's why stables are great.

Big-E can win the big belt eventually, it's not their fault booking sucks.

What do some of you want? They got a gimmick, they can wrestle, they have mic skills and charisma, they move merch and they have credibility.

This is just so tiring because nothing is ever enough.

·
Angry at refs
3,304 Posts

The players in New Day are only as good as they are because they cover for each other's weaknesses, that's why stables are great.

What do some of you want? They got a gimmick, they can wrestle, they have mic skills and charisma, they move merch and they have credibility.

I'm assuming people want a less childish gimmick. I'm not a fan of them at all specifically due to their gimmick, mannerisms, and attitude on camera. That being said, it's not an issue to me personally.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Dolph Ziggler is fine, "It should've been me" promo totally makes sense

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I liked it beeing Dolph and the promo after the attack was the best thing Ziggler did in years, so all for not breaking up New Day. Of course they can turn heel once, but if they do, they should do it as a stable on another stable (BC comes to mind).

·
Registered
928 Posts

I'm assuming people want a less childish gimmick. I'm not a fan of them at all specifically due to their gimmick, mannerisms, and attitude on camera. That being said, it's not an issue to me personally.
As long as WWE is making money, they will stay together. Bottom line is they move merchandise. I for one (even as a black man who was ultra happy Kofi won the belt and is picking up wins in his reign) thinks the gimmick needs to be refreshed and Kofi needs to be more serious as champ. But, as long as Pancake Power shirts are flying off the racks at the WWE warehouse, they are going to ride it.

People cried for Cena to go heel and drop the Super Cena schtick, but merch and numbers said otherwise so they kept him with it....likewise, people have whined for Roman to lose the old Shield gimmick and look, go heel and develop an individual persona like Seth and Dean did, but he remains #1 in merch and numbers, so they will ride that as well!

Yeah, New Day is not on their level, but successful enough where WWE is not going to pull the plug on something that generates money, so everyone's whining will get nowhere as long as they are taking in the dough off of performers and gimmicks that are producing $$$!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Why is everyone obsessed with wanting The New Day to break up? You people do realise they are all fucked without each other? And I think New Day know this.
Yea well they seemed to be screwed either way then cause they're definitely not doing themselves any favor continuing to be together. They were at first in terms of being entertaining(I don't care about their merch sales but of course money obnoxiously rules over everything)but now they just seem like they rather stick with a stale and stagnant act cause they know they would sink instead of swim if they tried something different on their own for a while. It's not like they cant still be friends if they went solo and they could get back together later down the line it doesn't have to be a permanent split but what they're doing now is just tiring and tedious.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Really? Seems like they're getting more over if anything. Kofi's been doing a good job as champion so far, breaking up the New Day or turning one of their most popular wrestlers, Big E, heel just to swerve the fans wouldn't accomplish anything in the long run.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,604 Posts
I'm in agreement that I'm not all that entertained by New Day in 2019 except Kofi as champion, Yes they need each other to remain relevant but I feel apathy most of the time I see them together.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Big E should not turn heel. I am telling you, it is a mistake. Unless it is simply a vehicle to kill Kofi and move Big E into a top babyface position.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts