Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
No Terminator, scarface, goodfellas?

Nice list though, blazing saddles is awesome, i seen it for the first time a few months back and was in tears laughing.
Not a fan of Terminator as I was when I was a kid. Fun movie but not a favorite.

I grew out of really liking Scarface partly due to how the rap culture embraced it even when the film was actually portraying Montana as a villain (an incestuous villain at that) but mainly, I think it may be a little too stylized. I prefer Carrie.

Goodfellas is my third favorite Scorsese film but I had to choose one of his films and that was Taxi Driver.

·
40,758 Posts
I grew out of really liking Scarface partly due to how the rap culture embraced it even when the film was actually portraying Montana as a villain (an incestuous villain at that) but mainly, I think it may be a little too stylized. I prefer Carrie.
Yes. This has tainted the movie for me as well, though I still like it for what it really is. Also, De Palma does go over the top often.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The next list I'll be doing is my Top 100 Wrestling Matches but that will probably be in the summer some time. I have a lot of projects coming up for my classes and I still need to go through my stack of wrestling DVDs and all the matches that I have saved. It'll be a few months. Maybe July.

·
40,758 Posts
It's your deal but what about feuds instead of matches? The overall feud seems more important as the talkie parts are important to the story.

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
It's your deal but what about feuds instead of matches? The overall feud seems more important as the talkie parts are important to the story.

Just a suggestion.
I'm not big on feuds. Plus, the feuds that I enjoy are pretty obscure to most wrestling fans anyway since I'm a puro mark.* But I will feature my favorite match out of a series of matches. Eg. Flair/Steamboat, Joe/Punk, Danielson/McGuinness, Misawa/Kobashi, etc.

*Well, except for the people who post in the Other Wrestling section which I visit the most often on this board besides this section.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well done for putting Once Upon a Time in America so high, for me its the greatest film ever, and Morricones music makes the film even better - the childhood scenes are the best

You could only pick one film per director? I assume you haven't seen the Prestige then? Because not only is it Nolan's best film, (yes, better than Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, Dark Knight)
The more I watch the Prestige the more I think its one of the best films ever

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
You could only pick one film per director? I assume you haven't seen the Prestige then? Because not only is it Nolan's best film, (yes, better than Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, Dark Knight)
The more I watch the Prestige the more I think its one of the best films ever
No, I haven't seen The Prestige but I hear it's awesome.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
Yeah its pretty good. Don't know if I think its better than Momento though and enjoy the Batman movies more.

·
Registered
67 Posts
No, I haven't seen The Prestige but I hear it's awesome.
I wouldn't wanna spoil it for you but as a film buff you will appreciate the level of greatness...unlike someone who isn't that much into film who may only see ONE level...won't say anymore but I will bet you pretty much anything you like that there aren't 100 films better...my list...

1. Once Upon a time In America
2. The Prestige
3. Once upon a time in the West

...will post the other 97 when HBK is Champ again:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also keep hearing good things about his other film, Following.
I thought Following was very good, but he is my fav director (after Leone) so I may be biased...

...Following was done on very little money and is quite an original idea, if you're a film buff (like you seem to be) then make the effort to see it, and post or PM me once you've seen the Prestige, will be interested to know what you think

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I'm going to work on my top 250 and include more films from the directors listed in the Top 100 list. I might have it up at the end of the weekend.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts