Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Popular Science is reporting that the pill may soon be a moisturizer: "A new topical contraceptive gel that works in the same way as the pill has shown similar effectiveness when applied to the shoulders, arms, legs or abdomen daily--and works without the side effects of sickness, weight gain, or a muted sense of sexual desire," blogger Clay Dillow reports.

Similar to the contraceptive patch, the birth control "lotion" is said to release hormones directly into the skin. (Yeah, you probably wouldn't want to shower or go swimming directly afterward!) No word yet on when the newfangled gel might make its way to a pharmacy near you, but it's intriguing just the same.
How do you know if you've got enough cream in you?

·
Premium Member
18,178 Posts
Lol at a pregnancy test & condom advert being at the bottom of this page

Anyway that is a pretty good break through if true. No ovulation in all 18 seems decent. Would be interesting how it performs on a larger scale though.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Wouldn't work. I don't even need to see the video to know that. Your skin is "designed" to keep things out. Contraceptives aren't going to just get in through the skin.

The "no side effects" is also a give away for bullshit. It works the same way as the pill but gives you no side effects? Not a chance.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
Wouldn't work. I don't even need to see the video to know that. Your skin is "designed" to keep things out. Contraceptives aren't going to just get in through the skin.
Skin is porous. That means it absorbs shit. Nice fail.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Wow someone could just BS and tell their gf its regular lotion or something , rub it on them and have them not get pregnant

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Finally, a contraceptive to make foreplay more interesting

Epic win for science

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
you even read the article genius?
Yes I did. True, there are transdermal drug delivery devices. You can walk down to a pharmacy and buy a nicotine patch as an example. However a lotion like this one isn't going to penetrate the skin in significvant enough levels to have an effect. There's a reason that the vast majority of drugs are delivered as oral dosage forms and not creams/lotions/ointments, how damn hard it is to get stuff through is one of them.

you know anything about drug delivery?
Yes I do. It's sometihng that I study at university.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
Yes I do. It's sometihng that I study at university.
I'd change university, they're teaching you wrong. Know how I know?

It's a gel. It's applied to the skin. It works. You know what else works?

Looks like we have two transdermal creams that are already on the market, are popular and work.

Fuck me. Where the hell are you at university, Bristol Poly? I'd quit, ask for my course fees back, then sue them.

That or pay attention in class. Be sure to let me know where they let you work when you leave clown school so that I can avoid it.

·
Chicharito!
5,295 Posts
NEVER try putting Deep Heat on the inside of your thigh if you are male. I did this once whilst drunk. Fucking hell.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts