Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Thro
9,310 Posts
That's funny, Ichiro being the best hitter in baseball and "the best hitter the MLB has ever seen". We all know Barry Bonds is the best hitter in baseball. Hits are a overrated statistic, look at OBP(On Base Percentage) to get a clearer view of who is the "best hitter":

Bonds: A ridicoulous .607 OPS
Ichiro: A very good .406

Bonds, clearly and easily wins.Another stat, of the 200 hits Ichiro has, ONLY 33 of them have been extra base hits.

Now please, remove the statements you have in your banner, then I'd give it a 10/10

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
loz Otacunt owned your thingy

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.p0rnstar LK. said:
loz Otacunt owned your thingy
No, he just stated his wrong opinion. Hits are not an overrated statistic, Bonds does have a better OBP but you have to know he gets walked a whole lot. That is why his average is around the same as Ichiro.

On my Ichiro text, the first mini paragraph is a fact, the second one is a fact, and the third one is my opinion.

Bonds is a very good HR hitter. Ichiro (if he wanted to) could hit 40 HR's a season. Yes that is true. But he doesn't because he would rather have an average of 360 something and get 200 hits.

·
9,310 Posts
BrckBrlnXII said:
No, he just stated his wrong opinion. Hits are not an overrated statistic, Bonds does have a better OBP but you have to know he gets walked a whole lot. That is why his average is around the same as Ichiro.
Do you know why he gets walked a lot? Becuase he'll probably send the ball to the bleachers. You can not fault Bonds for getting walked, blame the pussy pitchers, including some D'Backs, for that. And yes hits are overated.

Bonds is a very good HR hitter. Ichiro (if he wanted to) could hit 40 HR's a season. Yes that is true. But he doesn't because he would rather have an average of 360 something and get 200 hits.
That is the most stupid comment I've heard in some time. I expected more from you Brcknxinivnk. Ichiro, if I were to belive you, is an idiot. He could get more home runs and help his team more by doing it, but nooooo, he wants to get a bunt single instead. Yeah, dumb.

·
9,310 Posts
Who says he will have a .260 AVG? Isn't he the best hitter? Why not have 40 homers and an AVG at or better than .300? He could do that since he is the best hitter...

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, but he would do HR swings and he might not bunt as much and therefore he wouldn't get as much hits as he would if he was just trying to hit the ball.

Ok here it is, you think Barry Bonds is the best hitter and I think Ichiro is the best hitter.

There, problem solved. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
there you go BrckBrlnXII I thought I was the only braves fan on the board. I like it alot 10/10 and Octagon Bonds isnt the best hitter Ichiro probably is I agree with BrckBrlnXII Bonds may be the best power hitter in the world but Ichiro is the better contact hitter. I'm sure Ichiro can hits balls if he wanted to but Bonds wont. It expands his strike zone so he'll get more hits and we see that he does 200 wow. I even think Vladmir Garrero is better then Bonds at hitting but hey if your a bonds fan your a bonds fan and nothing can change your view on his batting.

oh but I think Julio Franco is the braves starting 1st baseman

1 - 12 of 12 Posts