Wrestling Forum banner

New banner, please rate.

363 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  OlympicZero 
#1 ·
Please rate my new banner, i have been working at it for a while and i hope i'm getting a little better, please rate and give all the constructive critisism you like. Thank you.

#3 ·
All I Can Say, To Move Rey Rey To The Middle And You Can Still See Cut Outlines

#7 ·
The background is quite good, but the rest of it isn't wonderful. The PSD is awful quality and awful cut, and your text doesn't really seem to fit - you've used script-y text rather than something a little more unique and edgy, to fit with your background. It's also kind of jagged (try checking the Antialias box next time). In general, your banner looks quite empty. I wouldn't agree with moving your cut to the middle (I usually prefer it to be asymmetrical with regards to where the main cut is placed), but it might be worthwhile to blend in one or two other pictures on the other side.

#8 ·
Backgrounds ok. Better than your other ones, which were too busy and crazy. The Rey pic you used as your cut is of poor quality, and the cut isn't done too well. You shouldn't have put a stroke or anything on the cut, as it shows the cutting mistakes more. Now for the text. It wouldn't be bad, but you got to stop using the emboss and stuff. Just flat text with a simple glow or something would work better. Go to www.dafont.com and download some grungy or different fonts that would fit well with your banner styles. What I do is go and search for a certain font for my graphics, depending on my theme. If I'm doing a grungy banner, I look for a trashy grungy text. If I'm doing a girly clean banner, I get something fancy or nice.
That's all I can really say to help out I guess. :)

#9 ·
yeah the bg is better then your others, you are improving. text isn't good and the cut sucks, placement should stay on the right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.