Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like they might be finally planning on pushing Kofi to the top.

Before his IC title match with Ziggler, they firstly played a video package putting him over. Then they had Ziggler cut a promo on Kofi saying that he'll never be good enough to be a champion, he'll be a life-long contender. Throughout the match, the announcers were talking about whether Kofi would escape the midcard or he'd always flounder in mediocrity. There was a kind of worked shoot story with Cole where he likened Kofi to his garbage man, a guy who does a meticulous job but never good enough to run the garbage company (or something to that effect), while Matthews labelled him a future world champion. The announcers also talked about how Miz winning the WWE title had lit a fuse in the likes of Kofi. The whole match, they basically told this story.

I'm hopeful that these are signs that they're planning on giving him a Jeff Hardy type push to the top. Always close, tries really hard, but never good enough. Building Kofi as that underdog is a clever idea as it fits him quite well I feel. I hope they stick with it and it wasn't just a one week sort of thing. Encouraging signs anyway.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
It really is about time.

Those who disbelieved me about WWE being able to build Kofi Kingston up in time for the 'Rumble in the Royal Rumble Winner Prediction thread in the WWE PPV Section, what were ya thinkin'?!

Kofi's well beyond the point where being in the Intercontinental Championship picture feels wrong for him. Especially on a brand where all the top faces are old and/or brittle guys.

I first became even more optimistc last week when Striker mentioned that Miz being of "their generation" (meaning, Kofi and Jack, the latter of whom has already been a world champion, as difficult as that may be to believe nowadays) had lit a fire under these guys, and it looks like they are directing that towards Kofi Kingston.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
It really is about time.

Those who disbelieved me about WWE being able to build Kofi Kingston up in time for the 'Rumble in the Royal Rumble Winner Prediction thread in the WWE PPV Section, what were ya thinkin'?!

Kofi's well beyond the point where being in the Intercontinental Championship picture feels wrong for him. Especially on a brand where all the top faces are old and/or brittle guys.

I first became even more optimistc last week when Striker mentioned that Miz being of "their generation" (meaning, Kofi and Jack, the latter of whom has already been a world champion, as difficult as that may be to believe nowadays) had lit a fire under these guys, and it looks like they are directing that towards Kofi Kingston.
yeah i remember that too, i mean why not Kofi?

·
Banned
354 Posts
Tbh I wouldn't complain if he won the Rumble, even though I'm in favour with the Main Eventers winning those. I'd love Kofi to get to Mania and win the belt. Or even just get involved in a feud randomly, like he did at RAW that time when Tyson was guest host. Just enter and say he hasn't had a chance, and BAM he's main eventing. That's my ideal situation. With McIntyre winning MITB instead, since it fits his charecter MUCH MORE.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Well, I'm surprised it's taken WWE this long to give him another push. He is amazingly over compared to the rest of the mid-card faces in WWE.

·
Registered
733 Posts
This is something I don't understand. Kofi is good at the ring, good at the mic, charismatic, and, if you take a look at WWE shop, sells a lot of merchandise. And, unlike other newer stars like Miz, Ziggler and Drew, works great as a face.
Why isn't he used more properly?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I hope he'll get there eventually. I love the guy, and it's not just for his wrestling, i think he is very charming, a charismatic guy, he has this aura that makes him so likable, and i think he can make a good main eventer, he has all the tools. Can't wait to see Kofi and Drew main eventing Smackdown next year. ;)

·
Asuka
96,360 Posts
This is something I don't understand. Kofi is good at the ring, good at the mic, charismatic, and, if you take a look at WWE shop, sells a lot of merchandise. And, unlike other newer stars like Miz, Ziggler and Drew, works great as a face.
Kinda funny how none of the guys you just mentioned have even BEEN faces...

·
Banned
15 Posts
Strange rationale is strange.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Kofi is extremely over.I just watched Smackdown and he was more over than anyone.He got a lot of chants.

Kofi isn't going to win the rumble.If he gets pushed he's gonna win the
MITB and I'm not even sure that's gonna happen because he's not a heel
and the most recent MITB winners or first time World Champions have
been heel.(Sheamus,Swagger,The Miz,Kane turned heel)

1 - 20 of 106 Posts