Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/specialty-sports-channel-the-score-for-sale/article2173733/

The Score, the specialty sports TV channel owned by Score Media Inc., (SCR-T0.950.1113.10%) is up for sale, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Score, by contrast, is run mostly as a sports information network, airing talk and highlights shows. It also broadcasts some events such as poker, WWE Wrestling and NBA basketball.

If they get sold, what might happen to WWE? That channel has Raw,NXT,Smackdown,Vintage Collections and WWE Experience. The network itself did have some good shows on it,but in Canada, there are 2 main companies(Rogers and Bell) that basically own all canadian tv channels, and The Score isn't one of them. I really hope Rogers(company that also owns the Toronto Blue Jays) buys out this channel. Having WWE on Sportsnet(former home to Sunday Night Heat!) would be real great. Sportsnet has 4 regional channels as well as another secondary channel(like ESPN2), so WWE could get on that network.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
As long as they didn't preempt it for the odd NHL/MLB/NBA game, I'd welcome it on Sportsnet. Not that it bothers me now, but it would be a nice bonus to get rid of the sports ticker at the bottom while watching RAW and Smackdown.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if sportsnet will be airing nhl or mlb, they have the normal sportsnet channels as well as sportsnet one. So they have room for extra shows. Only thing is that other than baseball,sportsnet doesn't air the same show on all 4 of their regional channels, so it'd be interesting to see what happens if they got WWE.

And way more people get sportsnet than the score, so more exposure for wwe in canada

1 - 3 of 3 Posts