Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand this is probably in the wrong place but haven't seen anything else on the forum about it and want to know if abyone is having the same experience with the network on PPVs.

Ive just finished watching Summerslam on the Network and it BUTCHERED the PPV for me. Between the lagging, repeating of clips up to twice at time, skipping and floating between awful pixelated picture to average it wae a disgrace. I have fibre optic internet so this wasn't the reason. This is a step backward, ive just spend the last few years watching on Box Office in HD ane excellent quality and now this is what um subjected to. I watched Payback live which had similar problems but this was on another level. Can't wait til my 6 months subscription is up, i'll stick with Sky Sports in future.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I used VPN last night. Only one short outage for about 15s for me. Actually was the best quality on the network I have had during a PPV since lunch.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Anybody using VPN will get problems.

Its not about nets-speed, its about how fast your choice of VPN manages to transition a HD signal back to your homes.
DLing stuff over a VPN slows it down.

·
THE EMPIRE HAS RISEN
3,172 Posts
I'm usually quick to jump in and defend the network, but last night's stream was absolutely horrible.

My stream kept freezing and I kept having to refresh it through out the PPV. It stabilized after a while, but it was a poor experience to say the least.

·
Registered
97 Posts
And that's exactly why I'm going to wait for a UK launch, and not bother using a VPN. That is, provided they don't do something similar to Canada and have something along the lines of a Sky Sports WWE channel. That would blow completely.

·
NOTORIOUS
6,840 Posts
It went out on me in the first few minutes, but the stream was fine for me all night.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Had 3 instances where it froze for about 5 seconds and then continued but that could have been someone downloading on my home network, could have been somewhere along the numerous hops between the source and my home.

·
Premium Member
16,743 Posts
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.

Holy Fuck. The worst PPV viewing I've had to date. I finished the PPV at about 11:23 (over 30 minutes after the ending) because of so much fucking lag. Stuff froze, then it would speed up, the audio would fall out of sync, it would skip, it would rewind....

I hadn't planned on renewing already. But adding other countries shows that WWE isn't ready for that many viewers. Or they're just getting back at Pittsburgh.

I'm inclined to call/email them non-stop to get this months 9.99 credited back to me for how fucking awful that feed was. I could have illegally streamed it better so I see no reason to pay 9.99 for that.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.

Holy Fuck. The worst PPV viewing I've had to date. I finished the PPV at about 11:23 (over 30 minutes after the ending) because of so much fucking lag. Stuff froze, then it would speed up, the audio would fall out of sync, it would skip, it would rewind....

I hadn't planned on renewing already. But adding other countries shows that WWE isn't ready for that many viewers. Or they're just getting back at Pittsburgh.

I'm inclined to call/email them non-stop to get this months 9.99 credited back to me for how fucking awful that feed was. I could have illegally streamed it better so I see no reason to pay 9.99 for that.
Thank you for confirming it was the network. Although i knew this myself as Netflix and any other show ive watched on the Network is fine bar the latest PPV s. And i felt the exact same about yhr 9.99, it was a disgrace. The network was meant to be a step forward yet we are clearly paying for a substandard service.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
$9.99 Quality, get what you pay for. :brock

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am using PureVPN which is sync with my Kodi and I haven't experienced any issue regarding buffering or HD quality issues.
Pretty much satisfied with it. In fact, using a VPN will help you to boost the streaming as I am enjoying using VPN with Kodi.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts