Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only supernatural / paranormal, +1 for ghosts. Nothing pre-2000, 90% sure I would've seen the old stuff.

Thanks in advance and rep for posts :)

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
The Last Exorcism, which came out just this year, was a nice surprise. good twists.

others just off the top of my head:
The House of the Devil (2009)
The Orphanage (2007)
The Devil's Backbone (2001)

and then anything Asian really. Ju-On, Ju-Rei, Tale of Two Sisters, Takashi Miike stuff, my personal favorite is the Asian version of Shutter.

·
40,664 Posts
Here's a few others but some are pretty popular so you might have seen them.

Dog Soldiers
Frailty (not really supernatural per se, but still good stuff)
Let the Right One In

I REALLY need to see Session 9. I had no clue David Caruso was in it.

Also is 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead, and The Descent too obvious? Well, there they are.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Don't miss the J-Horror gems, especially if you like nasty ghosts: Ring, Ju-on/The Grudge 1&2 (the originals, not those with Buffy), Dark Water, Rinne/Reincarnation.
For some Spanish thrills, add The Devil's Backbone (not really horror but great nonetheless) and Fragile (english language film with Ally McBeal).
And don't forget the Brits: The Descent (try to get the original cut, not the US version with another ending) and Severance for a good mix of laughs and scares.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the posts, rep coming your way. Please try and keep it to Supernatural / Paranormal though please. :)

·
9,748 Posts
The Crazies (2010)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 Dream Warriors
Friday the 13th(2009) Thought it was decent
Pulse 1
Scream Trilogy
Kairo is actually a lot better if you've never seen it. it's the J-horror original of Pulse. it's really creepy shit, and the ghosts are really well-done.

totally depressing too, but whatever.

·
9,748 Posts
he did say nothing pre-2000, but those are all pretty good.

·
40,664 Posts
One of the creepiest ghost storie I've ever seen is from Black Sabbath, the short entitled The Drop of Water. The ghost in this short is creepy as hell, easily one of the creepiest ever put to film.

If you're a fan of ghosts, you owe it to yourself to at least watch The Drop of Water during Black Sabbath. It's only around fifteen minutes or so.
s
This does go against your request for no pre-2000 stuff, but again, this short is done better than almost all post-2000 films. Of course you also might have seen it, but it's still worth a mention even if you have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts