Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

As the title says I'm really having a rough time.

To summarize I'm an Australian with a wife from the U.S, she moved over here and we've since had 3 kids together (Now ages 5, 7 & 9)

We missed an e-mail which required us to respond to within 28 days because it went to junk mail, so now she's had to return to the U.S.
We had the money to for her to reapply to come back ($10k) but then her family decided they didn't want to help her so the past month she's been living in hotels, our immigration department told her to goto a homeless shelter.

Se we started a GoFundMe to try and raise the application fee as well as money for a ticket home, right now flights are varying from 3-20k depending on the day.

I understand most people are struggling right now, but if I could get some people sharing our link around on facebook etc, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
if you marry a foreigner, isn't that already grounds for them to qualify for citizenship to their spouse's country just based off that? they deported her back to the US because of a missed e-mail? government documents that are that pertinent usually come to you physically in the mail and you would at times usually need to sign something to confirm you received it. they sent her back to the US due to a missed email in a spam folder oversight? :confused:

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you marry a foreigner, isn't that already grounds for them to qualify for citizenship to their spouse's country just based off that? they deported her back to the US because of a missed e-mail? government documents that are that pertinent usually come to you physically in the mail and you would at times usually need to sign something to confirm you received it. they sent her back to the US due to a missed email in a spam folder oversight? :confused:
The messed up thing is because our first child together was born in the U.S i could get citizenship in a heart beat over there if I wanted, but we've built our life here.
We argued the same thing, they should have called it us sent a letter indicating it, e-mails is a very poor way of doing things.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Don't you have NGOs in Australia to help in this? Wouldn't the easier way be contacting them and sort it out while in Australia? Did the authorities just show up at your house to deport her and your daughter out of the blue one day? Seems kind of sketchy.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't you have NGOs in Australia to help in this? Wouldn't the easier way be contacting them and sort it out while in Australia? Did the authorities just show up at your house to deport her and your daughter out of the blue one day? Seems kind of sketchy.
No after we found out the e-mail was missed we contacted them, went down to Melbourne(where the nearest department of immigration was) then they tried to see if the Minister of Immigration would intervene on compassionate groups, they decided she needed to return to the U.S where she is from and reapply, if she stayed she was become unlawful then blocked from entering the country again for up to 3 years. Because we have the kids she really didn't wanna be blocked from them for up to 3 years.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
No after we found out the e-mail was missed we contacted them, went down to Melbourne(where the nearest department of immigration was) then they tried to see if the Minister of Immigration would intervene on compassionate groups, they decided she needed to return to the U.S where she is from and reapply, if she stayed she was become unlawful then blocked from entering the country again for up to 3 years. Because we have the kids she really didn't wanna be blocked from them for up to 3 years.
That sucks. But that's part of a strong immigration policy.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sucks. But that's part of a strong immigration policy.
Yup, that's why we are just playing by the rules, we'd heard of others that just refused to go but now they are like living on the road, can't really do that with young kids that are in school.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
still blows my mind that any government organization is dealing with forms and deadlines through E-mail on this sort of thing. there is such a high rate for things to go wrong. What if someone doesn't HAVE or use e-mail.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
still blows my mind that any government organization is dealing with forms and deadlines through E-mail on this sort of thing. there is such a high rate for things to go wrong. What if someone doesn't HAVE or use e-mail.
They've changed their system now to a website that sends alerts to your phone number etc, but yeah was a complete joke to find out because of an e-mail providers spam filter we missed something so important.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts