Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I come in search of some help. A few friends and I are planning on going to Chicago for a weekend getaway sometime this summer and with me being the only having been there more than once (Twice, and both times I was pretty young ... I don't remember much) and two of them having never been.

Three of us are die-hard Cubs fans so that's the main reason we're going ks for a game ... and the other is a White Sox fan but is slowly being converted to Cubbie Blue and I think the trip to Wrigley may seal the deal. But other than that game, we really don't know what to do and that's why I'm here.

I know there's bound to be some people from Chicago on this forum that [hopefully] will help us out a bit.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
Well you got Navy Pier, Millenium field, Sears Tower (now named willis tower), Taste of Chicago (depends when your going) and shit (Thats all I can think of the top of my head). Nightlife is pretty good. You the usual bars and clubs. Since Wrigley field is basically a bar, I think your good on that part (Could not resist, am a Sox fan). Nightlife clubs some are Soundbar (this one is ok, 2 floors I think I can't remember) Spybar which is across the street from Soundbar is shit (they got good music though), Vision ( I havent being there in a while, its ok). Since Boystown is close to Wrigley field, you might wanna try Circuit night club (I cant resist man, its fine if you roll that way, I just gotta poke fun at cubby fans). The loft is pretty nice. Bootleggers is cool if you dont like to dance, they got some TVs to watch sports. The dance floor is small though. Let me know if I can be of more help. Oh please leave your Sox friend alone.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I was in the Windy City when they had the Taste of Chicago. If you're during then, you should definitely check that out

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where you going to be staying in the city?
Haven't quite got that far yet. I remember staying in a Holiday Inn close to the Hancock Tower and not too far from the Rain Forest Cafe and it was a nice place but that wasn't when I went to my first Cubs game. When we went I believe we stayed in the Purple Hotel. Was a decent place and wasn't too far from Navy Pier if I remember correctly.

Also, none of us are going to be 21 so the clubs/bars are going to be out of the equation haha but thanks for those (I shoulda mentioned that in my original post).

What's the "Taste of Chicago"?

The time frame we're looking at is sometime in June.

Thanks for the help thus far guys, keep the suggestions coming it's greatly appreciated.

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
There is SO much stuff to do in Chicago, you shouldn't have a problem finding something fun. Like what are your interests?? It would be easier to tell you fun stuff to do if I knew what you considered fun

and by the way the Taste of Chicago is a big festival where they have food from all over the city and live music and stuff, it's reeally fun. Especially on the 4th of July because that's usually when they have the best live bands, John Mayer was there a few years ago.

Reactions: MDizzle

·
The North Remembers
20,749 Posts
Never really been a fan of the taste. It's too crowded for my liking. But I guess if you're a tourist, it's something that you should experience.

Since you're under 21:

- Shedd Aquarium (pricey)
- Field Museum
- Museum of Science and Industry
- Lincoln Park Zoo & Plant Conservatory
- Millennium Park
- Michigan Ave (hundreds of stores)
- Navy Pier
- Beaches (Near the "intersection" of Fullerton and Lake Shore Drive is a sweet beach. So many hot chicks. This is about 1 or 2 miles north of Navy Pier. Don't go too far north, though. You don't want to be near Belmont Harbor. Not a pleasant place)

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
Cm punk was at the taste of chicago last year. He went on a friday I think
Unfortunately I missed him, I went the next day. Someone on the forum took a picture with him. I forgot who.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Reactions: MDizzle

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
Yeah definitely go to Uno's or Due's! Oh my god that is seriously the best pizza ever.

·
The North Remembers
20,749 Posts
don't get Gino East's. Completely overrated.

The local places usually have the best pizzas ... not the chains. There was one place I had once that was amazing but I cannot remember the name, unfortunately.

edit: Uno's is a respectable chain. If you're going to the chain-route, that's probably the best option.

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Again, thanks guys for all your help. We have Millenium Park, Willis Tower and Navy Pier pretty much on lock to visit. I'll look into it deeper the next few days. I'll start spreading the rep where need be. If you guys come up with anything else, feel free to post it .. I'm up for pretty much anything.

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
I forgot the Blue Man group. That show ain't that half bad. If you sit in the first couple of the front rows, you get splashed on. Oh and the Taste of Chicago is June 25-July 4 according to this site,
http://gochicago.about.com/od/tasteofchicago/p/taste_chicago.htm

The way it works it you buy tickets at the Taste of Chicago. There are variety of foods and deserts. The popular one I think is the huge ass turkey legs they got. It will tell you this food cost "x" amount of tickets. And you can buy small samples too. It can get pricey though. And I heard that they are raising the ticket prices this year. Theres also some free stuff. Last year AMP was giving away free samples of the drink (thats the only freebie I can think of the top of my head). It can get crowded too. Hell maybe you will bump into CM Punk.

Oh and Uno's is a must too like the other people said here. Try the Chicago style pizza. You gotta eat it with a fork and knife too, otherwise (using your hands) you will get some weird looks from people.

And Chicago style Hotdogs. I have not ate one in years so I forgot some good places. But DO NOT PUT KETCHUP on the hotdog. You will notice when they serve it to you, the place will not put ketchup on it. It has to be on a poppy seed bun, if not it ain't a Chicago hotdog. I think Superdawg(yes that is how the hotdog place is called, also I can't remember if they sell Chicago Style dogs there) is one of the places if remember right has some good ones. If you go there DO NOT ask for a hotdog, ask for a Superdog. Otherwise they can give a smart ass comment like, "we don't sell hotdogs." I will post more if I can think of more stuff.

·
CM Punk's Wife!
1,073 Posts
I don't care if it's a chain or not, first of all it's the ORIGINAL Uno's downtown and second of all it's my favorite pizza ever so of course I'd recommend it to him.

and by the way I definitely agree on the Blue Man Group! They're so crazy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts