Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched a top 10 moves of Necro Butcher, and been reading about him. Pretty much the Top Brawler and Hardcore Wrestler today, and works a poor man crazy hobo persona. What are you guys opinions on him? Is he a good wrestler without the weapons? Good on the stick?

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Necro lives the gimmick a little bit but is a smart guy. Hes actually a really decent wrestler when he gets the chance to showcase it. Has had good promos on the mic like the ROH "Crazy man or family man?" promo

· Registered
127 Posts
The best match I ever saw of his was one with Bryan Danielson, where Bryan carried him to a **** match. I've honestly never been impressed by him.

· Registered
356 Posts
Joe vs Butcher...enough said? One of my Fav matches, just love watching the brutal and stiffness of it all

· @delecast
5,996 Posts
Necro hasn't done a lot recently, only because he has two little kids that he worries about now. Watch his work from Tournament of Death 1-4 and you'll be amazed at how wild he used to be. If you want to see him at his bloody best, watch his match vs Samoa Joe at the Arena.

· Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Necro hasn't done a lot recently, only because he has two little kids that he worries about now. Watch his work from Tournament of Death 1-4 and you'll be amazed at how wild he used to be. If you want to see him at his bloody best, watch his match vs Samoa Joe at the Arena.
Is he good when he's not doing deathmatches, and how is he on the stick?

· Registered
5,768 Posts
Only two things spring to mind when I hear his name;

some sick bump, I think against Joe, where he fell out of the ring and hit his head I think. I remember the thud.

And also The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke.

· Registered
10,918 Posts
Well I guess his only 10 moves are his top 10 by default. You got the punch, the kick, the headbutt, the swinging chair, the swinging water bottle, the swinging bat thing with the tacks in it, the cinder block, the razor barbwire's edge, the inverted staple gun shot and my personal favourite the lights out incandescent bulb piledriver.

· @delecast
5,996 Posts
Is he good when he's not doing deathmatches, and how is he on the stick?
He doesn't cut a lot of promos. Part of his mystique back in the day was that he was a crazy ass hillbilly that couldn't talk but could damn sure fight. Think Brusier Brody: not a lot of talking, but a lot of fighting.

Well I guess his only 10 moves are his top 10 by default. You got the punch, the kick, the headbutt, the swinging chair, the swinging water bottle, the swinging bat thing with the tacks in it, the cinder block, the razor barbwire's edge, the inverted staple gun shot and my personal favourite the lights out incandescent bulb piledriver.
Wow, you're so cool and hip, making a big deal out of movesets! Remember how Jerry Lawler ran Memphis with a punch, fist drop, and (occasional) pile driver? Probably not...

· Registered
127 Posts
Wasn't his match with Joe the origin of the "Joe's Gonna Kill You" chant? If so, then I have to give him some respect for that I suppose. I just find overly "hardcore" matches impossible to watch. They come across as brainless, so I find it hard to take those that participate in them seriously.

· Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I hear Necro has gotten some praise for his non hardcore matches, and I hear Crazy Man or Family Man was a good promo.

· Registered
3,698 Posts
Well I hear Necro has gotten some praise for his non hardcore matches, and I hear Crazy Man or Family Man was a good promo.
Why don't you watch some of his non hardcore matches? Why don't you watch his Crazy Man or Family Man promo and gather your own opinion. Nearly all your posts are asking if X wrestler is good or if Y wrestler's promo or match was good. Getting really annoying being honest. It won't be hard to track down a few Necro matches or promos and gather your own opinion. You might love his matches when someone else said he;s terrible. Not everyone will have the same opinion.

· Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why don't you watch some of his non hardcore matches? Why don't you watch his Crazy Man or Family Man promo and gather your own opinion. Nearly all your posts are asking if X wrestler is good or if Y wrestler's promo or match was good. Getting really annoying being honest. It won't be hard to track down a few Necro matches or promos and gather your own opinion. You might love his matches when someone else said he;s terrible. Not everyone will have the same opinion.
I'll try, It's just usually easier for me to ask people who many have more experience about wrestlers and such than me,

· Registered
10,918 Posts
Wow, you're so cool and hip, making a big deal out of movesets! Remember how Jerry Lawler ran Memphis with a punch, fist drop, and (occasional) pile driver? Probably not...
Lol, I'm the last guy who jizzes over MOVEZZ. I was just poking fun at Necro who is a talentless fuck who's best days was damn near killing himself in front of 20 people in a backyard for a loaf of bread. Deathmatch wrestling is brainless and it gives talentless fucks an opportunity to play dress up.

But I can see you're clearly a fan of deathmatch wrestling and you're comeback would probably be "BJW applies psychology to their matches, it's not mindless violence"

It is.

· Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just get on torrents and watch, n00b
Don't have to be so harsh about it, I swear wrestling fans, when they know things that others don't, they act so elitist with it.

· Registered
197 Posts
Don't have to be so harsh about it, I swear wrestling fans, when they know things that others don't, they act so elitist with it.
Well you're asking stuff that you could go and find out about yourself. Is he a good mic worker? YouTube a promo or two, find out yourself. This isn't like being a wrestling fan 20 years ago, you don't have to spend years trading tapes to find out the stuff you're asking, its all a couple of clicks away. Plus everything you're asking is opinion based anyway, just because someone here doesn't rate him, doesn't mean you won't.

· @delecast
5,996 Posts
Lol, I'm the last guy who jizzes over MOVEZZ. I was just poking fun at Necro who is a talentless fuck who's best days was damn near killing himself in front of 20 people in a backyard for a loaf of bread. Deathmatch wrestling is brainless and it gives talentless fucks an opportunity to play dress up.

But I can see you're clearly a fan of deathmatch wrestling and you're comeback would probably be "BJW applies psychology to their matches, it's not mindless violence"

It is.
I'm guessing your comeback is going to be "LOL BACKYARD." Remember when ROH's biggest shows were hotels? Or how PWG's biggest shows are run in synagogues? Probably not. Don't talk junk if all you've got to judge BJW/CZW on is Matsunaga's/Zandig's runs or Maffew's botchamanias. You do realize Maffew is a big fan of CZW, right?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.