Wrestling Forum banner

2721 - 2740 of 2858 Posts

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
We're not going anywhere. We haven't been going anwyhere for a while now. Beal's defense is nothing special and the team's defense as a whole is worst in the league. Wall will come back and no one has any idea what he's gonna look like after the injury but he's making $40+ million a year so he's our guy for the long haul. Him and Beal have been our duo for 7+ years now. They're not just gonna become a beast in the east out of nowhere. I don't enjoy watching a team that gives up 121 points a game. :LOL: I'm ready for a fresh start and a rebuild.
Your team has not had a 50 wins season since before the 80's. Maybe get a roster good enough first before this not going anywhere thinking? Tanking for lottery picks isn't foolproof. Just look at the Magic and the Suns. While not tanking isn't always the worse thing. Just look at the Pacers or the Rockets before Harden. Bucks tanked for a top 2 pick but their MVP was drafted in the mid teens.

Beal just need to be competent in defense to build a decent team around him. Beal's shooting makes him a better lead ball handler than Wall in the modern NBA so why not truely build around Beal as the number 1 guy instead? I understand Wall is impossible to move but why not see how the new dynamic work with a new front office in charge?.There is value in punting the tank of the next 2 drafts to see how your new front office build around Beal + Wall before trading Beal away to commit to a tank. Of course, they still need need a bigger wing to defend and create to become a true contender, but let's get past the 2nd round of the playoffs first before a win or bust mentality.

·
Le Champion
18,816 Posts
That Clippers/Lakers game was GREAT. Kawhi absolutely dominated and took over. Some great basketball on Chistmas day. ??

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
I recall the bullets had a pretty shitty number 1 draft pick when Jordan was playing on that team too. There's always that chance of top picks being busts.

Edit: err double post.
Not like the Wiz are winning even with Beal this season. More picks from trading Beal would be nice to trade a star down the line but giving Beal up for that seem like a lateral move.

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
4 wins in a row for the Warriors. LOL What the heck happened to our tank? Only 5.5 games behind the 8th seed. We believe part 2?

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
@Corey lol your wizards just went 3-2 against teams vying for the playoffs this past week without your best players. And you lost to the worst 2 teams of the bunch. Can't even win or tank correctly. SMH

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,131 Posts

Atlanta Hawks forward Chandler Parsons suffered “multiple severe and permanent injuries” from a car crash last week, his attorney at Morgan & Morgan said in a release via Yahoo Sports’ Chris Haynes.

Parsons, 31, was involved in a car accident Jan. 15 and was initially reported to have suffered a concussion and whiplash. Per his attorney’s remarks Monday, his injuries include a traumatic brain injury, disc herniation and a torn labrum that could “potentially” end Parsons’ career.
Now granted, he hasn't really been doing anything note worthy for a while now. But man, that is pretty tragic stuff right there.

·
Le Champion
18,816 Posts
Today might seriously be the worst day in the history of the NBA. I still can't fucking believe it...

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,131 Posts
We're really not going to talk about any of the trades that just happened? Good god, Detroit got mighty screwed on that Drummond deal.

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
Heat going all-in this season against Gianis and the Bucks seems weird. They managed to dump Waiters and James Johnson in the trade though so that's a big win. The Iggy extension is pretty iffy but they turned 2 empty roster spots (winslow is hurt, Waiters is Waiters) into 2 additional rotation players (Iggy + SF combo) so that's pretty huge. They wanted Gallo from OKC but ended up with the combo of Jae Crowder and Solomon Hill from Memphis as a back up plan.

Detriot wanted to avoid paying Drummond's next big contract as they predict he is going to opt out in the summer. There was no market out there for a rental on a center on his huge contract or to buy his bird's rights when he opts out.. Cavs paid a 2nd rounder to decide whether the fit is there Kevin Love + Drummond. Not really optimistic in that though since Blake + Drummond wasn't exactly lights out at the Pistons. Still a bad look for the Pistons not dealing Drummond away earlier. But I think this deal get the Pistons out of the threat of the luxury tax next season should Drummond opt in.

Warriors getting rid of D'lo as everyone expected. Not thrilled with Wiggins on the Warriors but at least he is in theory a better fit with the core three than Rusell and they managed to get under the luxury tax with this trade to avoid even more pain from the repeater. Surprised the Warriors couldn't get the Suns to bite and offer a better deal but I guess it was hard to get salaries to match AND getting picks back.

·
Le Champion
18,816 Posts
Beal scored a career high 53 last night in a terrible loss to the Bulls. Tonight, follows it up with an astounding 55 in a hell of an effort against the Bucks (another loss but still). First player to score 50+ on back-to-back nights since... Kobe. Wow.

2721 - 2740 of 2858 Posts