Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 2741 Posts

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
re: NBA Discussion Thread

Technology and dietary focus have improved a lot from the 80's to the 00s. If Lebron is as disciplined during the 80's era as he is now about conditioning, why not? Karl Malone can do it, why not Lebron?
Because Karl Malone is a goddamn cyborg and LeBron isn't...

I think.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,844 Posts

Happy to be here, @Legit BOSS! :curry :klay :dray :kd3 :kerr

That performance from JAVALE MCGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE last night in Denver... :banderas

WARRIORS with that 21-2 run... :mark: :mark: :mark:

WARRIORS :chefcurry

·
Registered
6,359 Posts

Cavs attempting to help make the Nets pick more valuable by giving the Hawks a win. Clearly that's the only explanation about them losing at home to the horrible Hawks?

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,043 Posts

Cavs attempting to help make the Nets pick more valuable by giving the Hawks a win. Clearly that's the only explanation about them losing at home to the horrible Hawks?
Honestly, does it even matter? Either way they're gonna be steamrolling through teams in about a month or so. They'll pull a random trade out of their ass and all of a sudden they'll be the next hottest thing in the NBA.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts

Honestly, does it even matter? Either way they're gonna be steamrolling through teams in about a month or so. They'll pull a random trade out of their ass and all of a sudden they'll be the next hottest thing in the NBA.
But its the Hawks! If you can't beat them at home, something is wrong with the team's motivation.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,043 Posts

But its the Hawks! If you can't beat them at home, something is wrong with the team's motivation.
There's definitely something wrong with the teams motivation, I just don't think this is anything to get concerned over right now. Or at least I wouldn't be if I were in that situation.

The main problem has actually been Cleveland's best players, which is surprising. LeBron's defense has actually been worse this year than it was last season. Kevin's having an underwhelming start to the season. JR Smith has been atrocious. And a lot of people are going to give LeBron a pass because of his 57 point carry job, and the fact that he's still have a relatively great start to the season from a production standpiont. But his defense has been so bad that I simply can't exclude him.

Cleveland's reserves are actually a bright spot. Wade's willingness to be a bench player has been good for Cleveland so far. Korver is playing out of his mind. Jeff Green has been a pleasant surprise. Rose has been able to provide consistent offensive production.

Sooner or later LeBron will bitch about them needing a center and they'll find a way to make it happen. They still have a valuable draft pick that they'll be able to use along with a couple players to bring in someone to help. Who they are able to bring in remains to be seen.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts

If Cleveland was smart they would keep that pick and let Lebron walk in the off-season. They're not competing with the Warriors either way.

·
25,686 Posts

The rockets are averaging more 3 pointers, than 2 pointers. Is the focus of the NBA going to become purely on longballs? Or is it just a weak center era?
Yes the focus of the NBA has pretty much gone that route, much to the annoyance of some long term fans. It has changed a lot about how the game is played and pretty much everything, but as long as games don't turn routinely into glorified 3 point contests it's alright.

The main problem is when one team is hitting their threes and the other isn't because then a blowout is all about assured.

Oh and the centers in the league are the best they've been in a long time. There's a lot of talent there right now.

LeBron drops 57 points, dishes 7 assists, and grabs 11 rebounds in his 15th sseason, but he's not in the best player conversation anymore guys :mj4

Followed it up with a loss to the hawks. :mj4

·
The EST of NXT
28,431 Posts

Followed it up with a loss to the hawks. :mj4
So it's his fault for clearing a 16 point deficit with only the help of Kyle Korver? It's his fault that Wade, Rose, and JR Smith have had awful shooting percentages all season? Nah. His team is trash, yet he's still playing at the highest level that anyone has played during their 15th year in NBA history. You sure were predictably silent after those 3 steals and two blocks in Washington to go with his second highest scoring game, ever, though. Keep desperately reaching in an attempt to deny what's clear to anyone with working eyes.

·
25,686 Posts

Anyone with clear, working eyes knows that Lebron is currently one of the worst defensive SFs in the league.

Is defense no longer considered for best player in the world?

Also don't try taking Korver's credit and giving it to James. :no:

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,043 Posts

Anyone with clear, working eyes knows that Lebron is currently one of the worst defensive SFs in the league.

Is defense no longer considered for best player in the world?

Also don't try taking Korver's credit and giving it to James. :no:
I'll add onto this.

Why are some people here acting like LeBron being able to score 57 points is a surprise? We've seen him drop 40 points on good efficiency in games where it seemed like he could care less on the offensive end of the floor. He's not an aggressive scorer. A determined LeBron at that end could easily have performances like that if he wanted to. And we saw that in Washington.

Lets not sit here and act like Durant can't do it. He doesn't do it because he doesn't need to. And considering how he's been playing incredibly well on the defensive end so far, I don't think there's any question as to who the best player in the league is right now. I don't care how little LeBron cares about regular season nor do I care about how well he plays on defense in the playoffs/finals, his effort at that end of the floor this year has been pathetic. I've defended the guy, but I can't defend someone who doesn't give genuine effort at that end of the floor. This fucker wants to talk about how his team is lacking motivation? Right now I see more motivation from every single teammate of his on the defensive end of the floor than him. He needs to look to himself first before asking why the team is struggling.

·
25,686 Posts

Ingram has superstar potential and if you didn't know or disagree you don't watch enough Laker games. Boy got everything going for him, put his weight up to get better at finishing at the rim and get that shot going down consistently and he's already there. His improvement defensively has been immense this season, mostly due to him learning to use his height/length, and he has great IQ on both ends.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,043 Posts
121 - 140 of 2741 Posts