Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 2764 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
is the NBA going to become a 3 point league?

The rockets are averaging more 3 pointers, than 2 pointers. Is the focus of the NBA going to become purely on longballs? Or is it just a weak center era?

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
re: NBA: Injury Ball

Can we get NBA in the thread title? thank you

also Lebron has no argument for best player in the world. Awful, awful defense. :ti

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
re: NBA Discussion Thread

Cavs look old and slow

·
Registered
6,710 Posts

Loving the parity so far. Only 4 teams (Hawks, Kings, Mavs, Bulls) are complete dumpster fire after the Suns decided to compete after their own horrible start. I know this won't continue but the illusion of parity is refreshing.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts

Simmons is an absolute monster and I still haven't watched the Hawks game yet. Will do later today.

SIXERS :mark:

·
The EST of NXT
28,840 Posts

The Warriors looked great against the Spurs last night, and they reminded everyone that they STILL own The Clippers' souls the other night:

It's good to have you back btw Deso :sashahi :curry /\ :klay/\ :kd3 /\ :dray

·
The EST of NXT
28,840 Posts

With the best 24 players being chosen for the All-Star Game, there's no reason that Damian Lillard should be screwed out of a spot this year. I usually vote Klay Thompson for Western shooting guard, but now I can choose both, since I don't have to waste a vote on Kyle Lowry anymore.

·
The EST of NXT
28,840 Posts

LeBron drops 57 points, dishes 7 assists, and grabs 11 rebounds in his 15th sseason, but he's not in the best player conversation anymore guys :mj4

·
Registered
6,710 Posts

With the best 24 players being chosen for the All-Star Game, there's no reason that Damian Lillard should be screwed out of a spot this year. I usually vote Klay Thompson for Western shooting guard, but now I can choose both, since I don't have to waste a vote on Kyle Lowry anymore.

It is still 12 players from each conference. The change is the teams are picked by the captains instead of East vs West.

I thought we've been through this around here before. :hmmm

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts

LeBron drops 57 points, dishes 7 assists, and grabs 11 rebounds in his 15th sseason, but he's not in the best player conversation anymore guys :mj4

Yeah but LaVar woulda shut him out, won 100-0 1-on-1 :cudi

And the game is different today, LeBron being in his 15th season and it being say 1999 or something, he would've taken a lot bigger physical toll over those 15 seasons than he has over the 15 seasons he's actually played. I don't wanna say the players today are pussies but the level of defense and physicality across the league is definitely less than it was 20, 25, 30 years ago. Definitely not saying LeBron wouldn't have thrived back then, just look at the dude he has the body and then some to get it done in a more physical era... but I dunno if he'd be putting up 57 points in his 15th season if he had been playing a Ewing-led Knicks, a Bulls with Rodman and Pippen and the rest, late 80s Pistons... etcetery for those 15 seasons.

·
The EST of NXT
28,840 Posts

It is still 12 players from each conference. The change is the teams are picked by the captains instead of East vs West.

I thought we've been through this around here before. :hmmm
Well, I hope Lillard makes it in this year, even if it's via coaches.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts

Yeah but LaVar woulda shut him out, won 100-0 1-on-1 :cudi

And the game is different today, LeBron being in his 15th season and it being say 1999 or something, he would've taken a lot bigger physical toll over those 15 seasons than he has over the 15 seasons he's actually played. I don't wanna say the players today are pussies but the level of defense and physicality across the league is definitely less than it was 20, 25, 30 years ago. Definitely not saying LeBron wouldn't have thrived back then, just look at the dude he has the body and then some to get it done in a more physical era... but I dunno if he'd be putting up 57 points in his 15th season if he had been playing a Ewing-led Knicks, a Bulls with Rodman and Pippen and the rest, late 80s Pistons... etcetery for those 15 seasons.
Nah, Lebron can still put up those numbers adjusted for pace in any era. Maybe in the 90's era bully ball he wouldn't put up 57 points, but I don't see why he can't put up 57/130 x 90 = 39 pts in his 15th season against a Ewing-led Knicks.

Well, I hope Lillard makes it in this year, even if it's via coaches.
It is going to be hard. Too many elite guards out west and his lack of defence will always handicap the view on him by the coaches. Curry, Westbrook, Harden are locks. Klay will probably get in too. Lillard has a shot as a wildcard due to CP 3's injury. I see him competing for a spot against CP 3, Paul Geroge, Jimmy Butler and Mike Conley (shitty start though). Oh and Rubio is looking good too. I feel like Butler would get the nod ahead of Lillard if everybody's healthy just because of the perception that Butler plays defence.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts

Nah, Lebron can still put up those numbers adjusted for pace in any era. Maybe in the 90's era bully ball he wouldn't put up 57 points, but I don't see why he can't put up 57/130 x 90 = 39 pts in his 15th season against a Ewing-led Knicks.
Well 1999 Ewing wasn't 1995 Ewing that's for sure.

I could see a LeBron who came into the league in 1985 getting 39 points in a game in 1999, no doubt. More than that even. But I think LeBron in his 15th year right now is still a threat to put up 57 points on any given night. A 1999 LeBron in his 15th year, I dunno about that, whether it's 39 points or 57. I think his body would be more worn down in that alternate universe than it is in this one. Especially if he had the same career where he put his whole team on his shoulders over and over and over again for long stretches of time.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts

Well 1999 Ewing wasn't 1995 Ewing that's for sure.

I could see a LeBron who came into the league in 1985 getting 39 points in a game in 1999, no doubt. More than that even. But I think LeBron in his 15th year right now is still a threat to put up 57 points on any given night. A 1999 LeBron in his 15th year, I dunno about that, whether it's 39 points or 57. I think his body would be more worn down in that alternate universe than it is in this one. Especially if he had the same career where he put his whole team on his shoulders over and over and over again for long stretches of time.
Technology and dietary focus have improved a lot from the 80's to the 00s. If Lebron is as disciplined during the 80's era as he is now about conditioning, why not? Karl Malone can do it, why not Lebron?

101 - 120 of 2764 Posts