Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2760 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
Re: NBA Discussion Thread

1. What happened to Gordon Hayward was disturbing, granted that is part and parcel of playing basketball but noone wants that to happen and it's sad that for the first game of the season in a new team he gets carted out. I pray and wish him well that he comes back stronger.

2. Swaggy P looking good in his first regular season game, they lost by one though since KD's release was way too late. What most people I was watching with was talking about though was this one
:lol

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
Re: NBA - Regular Season Discussion

nah, i think the c's are really longshots now. even if hayward manages to get back this year, he won't be right. it would have to be like +600 on a $50 bet. so if you won, i give u $50, if i win, u give me $300. that's still probably being generous.
I'm not going to take money from you over this. It wouldn't be fair. I'll give you your $300 IF the Celtics can manage to knock off Cleveland. But if Cleveland wins, I don't want your money.

·
Suzuki-gun
10,397 Posts

Feel sorry for Hayward and the Celtics. Still laughing at the Portis/Mirotic news tho

PREDICTIONS

EAST
1. Cavs
2. Wizards
3. Celtics
4. Bucks
5. Raptors
6. Hornets
7. Heat
8. Pistons
9. 76ers
10. Magic
11. Knicks
12. Pacers
13. Nets
14. Hawks
15. Bulls

WEST
1. Warriors
2. Rockets
3. Spurs
4. OKC
5. Jazz
6. Trail Blazers
7. Clippers
8. Nuggets
9. Timberwolves
10. Grizzlies
11. Pelicans
12. Mavericks
13. Lakers
14. Suns
15. Kings

MVP: James Harden
ROTY: Dennis Smith JR
DPOTY: Rudy Gobert
6TH MAN: Eric Gordon
MOST IMPROVED: LaMarcus Aldridge

·
Banned
3,455 Posts

Feel sorry for Hayward and the Celtics. Still laughing at the Portis/Mirotic news tho

PREDICTIONS

EAST
1. Cavs
2. Wizards
3. Celtics
4. Bucks
5. Raptors
6. Hornets
7. Heat
8. Pistons
9. 76ers
10. Magic
11. Knicks
12. Pacers
13. Nets
14. Hawks
15. Bulls

WEST
1. Warriors
2. Rockets
3. Spurs
4. OKC
5. Jazz
6. Trail Blazers
7. Clippers
8. Nuggets
9. Timberwolves
10. Grizzlies
11. Pelicans
12. Mavericks
13. Lakers
14. Suns
15. Kings

i would put the Nuggets higher than the Clippers

·
Registered
6,561 Posts

I think Hayward was going to have a big year for the Celtics. Gutted to see what happened there. But I think Brown will have a breakout season, I think that kid can be a star.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts

You talkin about Bogut?
YES!! That is it. Thank you. Pretty much same situation. First game with new team and real horrible injury early in the game that is probably season ending. It was last year, have to wait and see about this one.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts

YES!! That is it. Thank you. Pretty much same situation. First game with new team and real horrible injury early in the game that is probably season ending. It was last year, have to wait and see about this one.
To be fair, Bogut was a mid season acquisition and a sudden one at that. And at best, he was going to be a role player on 20 minutes a night.

Hayward was signed in the offseason, giving plenty of time of anticipation and build up to the moment he steps out on the floor with Boston. He was expected to be Boston's second best player. And he was coming off of arguably his best season.

This is simply heartbreaking stuff. I don't think Boston had any legitimate chance of beating Cleveland, but in the end that isn't what's important. This is a injury that could potentially impact Hayward as a player going forward. Hopefully that won't be the case and he can come back strong from this. Bogut is already well past his all-NBA third team days. Gordon's still in his prime.

·
Suzuki-gun
10,397 Posts

PREDICTIONS

EAST
1. Cavs
2. Wizards
3. Celtics
4. Bucks
5. Raptors
6. Hornets
7. Heat
8. Pistons
9. 76ers
10. Magic
11. Knicks
12. Pacers
13. Nets
14. Hawks
15. Bulls

WEST
1. Warriors
2. Rockets
3. Spurs
4. OKC
5. Jazz
6. Trail Blazers
7. Clippers
8. Nuggets
9. Timberwolves
10. Grizzlies
11. Pelicans
12. Mavericks
13. Lakers
14. Suns
15. Kings

Hello

I forgot how bad the Suns are

WEST
1. Warriors
2. Rockets
3. Spurs
4. OKC
5. Jazz
6. Trail Blazers
7. Clippers
8. Nuggets
9. Timberwolves
10. Grizzlies
11. Pelicans
12. Mavericks
13. Lakers
14. Kings

15. Suns

·
Registered
6,538 Posts

My gawd, Suns. How you lose that bad at home? To a Blazers team without Damian Lillard! Ring dah bell!

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts

Pretty optimistic with the Sixers this year, we looked pretty damn good against the Wizards, competitive all the way to the end. Simmons looks damn good, Fultz needs some work but has potential, hopefully Embiid can stay healthy this time around......we need to get better at closing out games but that will come with experience. Covington had a great shooting game yesterday.

Don't think we'll reach the playoffs this year but it will be close if everyone can stay healthy. It will at least be fun to watch (Y).

·
Banned
2,461 Posts

I cant be the only one that noticed they played Sami Zayn's theme during the wizards vs 6ers game right?

21 - 40 of 2760 Posts