Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2765 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of the year again.

After a near five month absence, the NBA returns to national television tonight with two of what are guaranteed to be exciting matchups.

First, we have the Cleveland Cavaliers taking on the Boston Celtics, and these are teams that recently swapped point guards.

Following that, we have the RRRRRRRRRRREIGNING, DEFENDINGGGGGGGGG, UNDISPUTED, NBA CHAMPIONS, the Golden State Warriors, taking on the Houston Rockets.

The remainder of the league will have their first games tomorrow and on Thursday.

Who is ready? Anyone getting the NBA League Pass? I usually get it every year, and this will be no different.

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
18,972 Posts
Re: NBA - Regular Season Discussion

Damn, Prayers for Gordon Hayward! That makes you sick to your stomach as a fan no matter who you root for! I wanted to rewind to see exactly how it happened but couldn't bring myself to do it! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,854 Posts

I am not a big follower of NBA but did not something like what happened to Hayward happen either last year or year before? I mean a guy making his debut for his new team in the first game and get seriously injured almost right off the bat.

Reactions: Magic

·
8,616 Posts

as a celtics fan, that was obviously depressing. silver lining is this will accelerate the development of brown and tatum, and hopefully hayward is back in form by the playoffs.

·
Epstein didn't kill himself
7,006 Posts

I am not a big follower of NBA but did not something like what happened to Hayward happen either last year or year before? I mean a guy making his debut for his new team in the first game and get seriously injured almost right off the bat.
You talkin about Bogut?

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,254 Posts

as a celtics fan, that was obviously depressing. silver lining is this will accelerate the development of brown and tatum, and hopefully hayward is back in form by the playoffs.
Brown seems to have really developed and Tatum getting a double double in his first professional game is fantastic. If they can put up these kinds of numbers consistently the team will be better than advertised. Marcus Morris should be back soon and then it's a matter of retooling.

This is obviously a huge blow to their season and they could end up being middle of the pack if these things don't pan out but if a few things go their way the Hayward injury could just end up being a bump in the road.

Fuck Charles Barkley!

·
8,616 Posts

Does our bet still stand?
nah, i think the c's are really longshots now. even if hayward manages to get back this year, he won't be right. it would have to be like +600 on a $50 bet. so if you won, i give u $50, if i win, u give me $300. that's still probably being generous.

·
8,616 Posts

Brown seems to have really developed and Tatum getting a double double in his first professional game is fantastic. If they can put up these kinds of numbers consistently the team will be better than advertised. Marcus Morris should be back soon and then it's a matter of retooling.

This is obviously a huge blow to their season and they could end up being middle of the pack if these things don't pan out but if a few things go their way the Hayward injury could just end up being a bump in the road.

Fuck Charles Barkley!
yep, there's "positives" that can come from this(or any negative situation really), but i'm tired of thinking long term for the celtics. this was the year they were going to be able to get to the finals, and now once again we have to wait. it just sucks knowing the team u root for doesn't have a realistic chance at a title.

1 - 20 of 2765 Posts