Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1485 Posts

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
In my opinion WWE is just holding on to this image that has established for a while and that many new fans fall trap for. I think it's power is actually going to decline in the coming years and you're going to see other promotions come up. And yes they will try to work with other promotions more more but I still think you're going to see split with promotions working together and power shifting .It's a bit of a weird period Right now for wrestling and I think there's a huge shift coming

·
Registered
11,629 Posts
In my opinion WWE is just holding on to this image that has established for a while and that many new fans fall trap for. I think it's power is actually going to decline in the coming years and you're going to see other promotions come up. And yes they will try to work with other promotions more more but I still think you're going to see split with promotions working together and power shifting .It's a bit of a weird period Right now for wrestling and I think there's a huge shift coming
I think wwe will either be sold to Disney/espn/ABC or Universal/nbc/Comcast. That's pretty much obvious at this point. Definitely one of those two conglomerate.

As for the NWA, they should stick with their current formula and work with other Indies with tv as well like roh,wcwc, smoky mountain,cwf, etc.

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
I don't follow wwe so being sold is news to me? How did u come up with this assumption

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
If they do centralize the NWA, and form a national roster and tv show, I think they will keep the regional titles, and a handful of regional promotions around in order to serve as developmental territories. They will likely also use those regional promotions for house shows. So, fans in a given reason will see their regional stars face off against the national stars. You will see a number of 1 or 2 world title reigns where a regional star beats the world champion for the title and loses it back a day later.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had regional tv shows on local stations, in addition to the national one as well.

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
I'm not officially jumping ship to NWA. I just think Billy is talented and with control he has a chance. I've been a fan of TNA since 2002 and I just had enough of the crap, the same thing has been going on for 10 years. I will continue to watch the product until it shuts down but it's just not making the turn around. I am interested to see what happens with them in Canada since I'm Canadian but on the opposite side of where they will have shows. The tapings that just happened are once again not much of an indication of what's going to happen.

I'm simply giving other promotions more time and this one a chance. Just like what I did with TNA in 2002. I hope Impact turns it around

And people making fun of me about the belts are fools and don't understand important of brand. This company hasn't had a proper brand in at least 5 years. WWE is a strong brand again the word brand. new Japan is a strong brand and it's belts I would say are the most important branded belts in the world of wrestling.

Progress has created a strong little brand and it's belts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm not officially jumping ship to NWA. I just think Billy is talented and with control he has a chance. I've been a fan of TNA since 2002 and I just had enough of the crap, the same thing has been going on for 10 years. I will continue to watch the product until it shuts down but it's just not making the turn around. I am interested to see what happens with them in Canada since I'm Canadian but on the opposite side of where they will have shows. The tapings that just happened are once again not much of an indication of what's going to happen.

I'm simply giving other promotions more time and this one a chance. Just like what I did with TNA in 2002. I hope Impact turns it around

And people making fun of me about the belts are fools and don't understand important of brand. This company hasn't had a proper brand in at least 5 years. WWE is a strong brand again the word brand. new Japan is a strong brand and it's belts I would say are the most important branded belts in the world of wrestling.

Progress has created a strong little brand and it's belts
Don't worry I had the same run-in with the resident bully about how the branding is still not fixed with this set of tapings, like why are the ring ropes still green? LOL!

Will we be able to catch Aldis vs. Storm this weekend live at all or on YouTube?

·
Registered
493 Posts
If they do centralize the NWA, and form a national roster and tv show, I think they will keep the regional titles, and a handful of regional promotions around in order to serve as developmental territories. They will likely also use those regional promotions for house shows. So, fans in a given reason will see their regional stars face off against the national stars. You will see a number of 1 or 2 world title reigns where a regional star beats the world champion for the title and loses it back a day later.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had regional tv shows on local stations, in addition to the national one as well.
I don't think they'll go this route. What you're describing is just the territory system when JCP basically owned the NWA. He let the agreements elapse because they want to go away from that model.

I think if they create a national brand they should start it in a small region and kind of try to do a super PWG model, probably centered around Chicago and mostly working in the Midwest to start with some ventures out to big cities. And make it available through YouTube or FiteTV so they can build a wider following through the internet.

Then try to work partnerships with international promotions for talent exchange and increased exposure and try to invest and grow to something similar to ROH.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I’ve just watched the 5 episodes of 10 pounds of Gold and I’m pretty interested by it all

They did a nice job of building up Storm/Aldis in that I’m very interested by who wins he title match so achieved what they set out to do

I like the idea of them taking it slow and just building things from the ground up

Going to listen to the 2nd half of Laganas interview with Keller this afternoon which may shed more light on where they’re going

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I don't think they'll go this route. What you're describing is just the territory system when JCP basically owned the NWA. He let the agreements elapse because they want to go away from that model.

I think if they create a national brand they should start it in a small region and kind of try to do a super PWG model, probably centered around Chicago and mostly working in the Midwest to start with some ventures out to big cities. And make it available through YouTube or FiteTV so they can build a wider following through the internet.

Then try to work partnerships with international promotions for talent exchange and increased exposure and try to invest and grow to something similar to ROH.
Well, either way, I wouldn't be surprised if their first move to was to put together 3 or 4 Supercards featuring the best NWA talent from the main territories, and then have those supercards as their main PPVs once they get their new roster formed.

Reactions: birthday_massacre

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
I'm not sure how it works now but he officially ended the NWA territories and it's just one brand. So those brands will prob just keep it's roster

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
I thought it was the right choice too. Time been with NWA before Billy was around and this is just the fun filler part. Nothing is going to change about the NWA until he relaunches and starts his shows in the spring of 2018.

But I still think having the old guy win has a nice classic feel. Nick is also insanely boring

I assume what will go down is a rebrand launch in the spring will have Tim face someone and probably lose and winner is the start of the new era of NWA

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
It was the right move based on the story alone. Last chancery super babyface losing would've been a complete Russo move.

Good job by Lagana there.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I didn't know who Tim Storm was a few days ago but now I'm happy he's still NWA World Champion.

Billy is doing the thing and making me care about some 50 year old gym teacher.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I assume what will go down is a rebrand launch in the spring will have Tim face someone and probably lose and winner is the start of the new era of NWA
Thinking same thing, but probably we should get couple more defences before that happens to establish him further.

141 - 160 of 1485 Posts