Wrestling Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1447 Posts

·
Registered
11,718 Posts
I've really lost interest in the product. Because it feels like they are not investing enough into it and its coming out short handed and not enough compelling content. I know that will change but stil
Billy doesn't have enough money personally to bankroll it. I think he wanted to show viability and then get silent backers. I still hope that if NWA can't get viable on it's own that AEW gets a hold of branding and titles. Also Corgan and Lagana would be great additions to AEW creative team and the NWA World Title would be the perfect secondary (yet equal) title for AEW.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Billy doesn't have enough money personally to bankroll it. I think he wanted to show viability and then get silent backers. I still hope that if NWA can't get viable on it's own that AEW gets a hold of branding and titles. Also Corgan and Lagana would be great additions to AEW creative team and the NWA World Title would be the perfect secondary (yet equal) title for AEW.

Thats not going to happen. I think what is and was going to make NWA grow was road events like the crocket cup that sadly got canceled. Good size venue im sure it would have sold well enough. Thats how you get momentum. Wrestling will always be a touring product to thrive

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Thats not going to happen. I think what is and was going to make NWA grow was road events like the crocket cup that sadly got canceled. Good size venue im sure it would have sold well enough. Thats how you get momentum. Wrestling will always be a touring product to thrive
I think for the NWA, they were on pace to actually do some decent business I feel with Crockett Cup and unfortunately with the corona virus it derailed what they were planning for with the PPV and future shows. The good thing is that since Billy has taken such a conservative approach that he isn't losing money at the moment, but he also isn't making any either. I started losing a little bit of interest when the first Circled Square premiered in place of Powerrr and I understand a lot of this is due to lack of content. Circled Square is a fantastic 25 minute show and love what they are doing, but those should be kept separate from Powerrr.

The thing is that if they don't have enough matches in the can, why not only showcase 2-3 matches a week on Powerrr and then just fill the rest of the time in with promos. That way they can just extend the takings. The other biggest mistake they made is once the rumors of the country was shutting down, Billy should have gotten as much talent to the studio and tape what they could totally shutdown or even did 2 days worth of content with an empty arena when it was . It looks like they won't be back till sometime in June, which I think is the same case with ROH too. Companies like ROH can afford to take this time off since they are backed by a multi-billion dollar company so they will be fine. Impact got very lucky, they had just taped a whole months worth of content right before everything went down.

Hopefully once everything subsides with the virus and all these wrestling companies can go back to business, NWA can get back on track with their plans.

Sucks to hear about Robert Gibson, he was diagnosed with Bells Palsey so have to figure the RNR Express are done and won't get that final chance in the Crockett Cup.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I think Billy needs to take a look @ Dan Matha, Aleksander Jaksic & Nick Comoroto
I think before they try and sign any new talent they really need to get some empty arena shows taped for at least two months worth of YT. I think it would work perfect in the studio if they can pull it off, they are very creative. Not sure if they can do anything in GBP studios with the stay at home order, but their attempt of just showing old stuff isn't helping. ROH and NJPW can afford to not have shows as they are ran by multi-billion dollar companies.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think before they try and sign any new talent they really need to get some empty arena shows taped for at least two months worth of YT. I think it would work perfect in the studio if they can pull it off, they are very creative. Not sure if they can do anything in GBP studios with the stay at home order, but their attempt of just showing old stuff isn't helping. ROH and NJPW can afford to not have shows as they are ran by multi-billion dollar companies.
Empty arena shows would be great but wouldn't progress current storylines. I'd even settle for more circle squared @ this point. I'd like to see Bear Country, Locked & Loaded, Best Kept Secret, Hawx Sure showcased. You don't need a live audience to scrutinize their performance.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Empty arena shows would be great but wouldn't progress current storylines. I'd even settle for more circle squared @ this point. I'd like to see Bear Country, Locked & Loaded, Best Kept Secret, Hawx Sure showcased. You don't need a live audience to scrutinize their performance.
That is totally true on not really progressing the storylines, but they need to really get some fresh content out there. The crowd totally helps the NWA product, so without it of course it will not be as good. Out of any promotions right now, I fear NWA may not survive this. They have to figure something out soon because if they wait till June/July to come back, they will have totally lost any momentum.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Kamille's got the makings of a good female hoss I think. Size, ability, look, and she's already a good manager despite not speaking until now. Also that was a solid promo. Not exactly what I was expecting from her, but solid nonetheless.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Nwa don't have to run shows. Fans will come back. Doing shows in Atlanta is a plus.

Only downfall which is not their fault. Is the rocket cup was ppv was going to take place inside the perfect size road venue. It was going to be a test for Billy,Im sure it would have sold well but it was the first stepping stone to get shows on the road again. Its the only way NWA will grow. It willhappen and well every promotion has to reset.Its kinda worse for AEW

·
Registered
23 Posts
NWA is my go to promotion. I've abandoned WWE and can't say I'm the biggest fan of AEW. But NWA is definitely something I enjoy. Can't wait for them to come back full throttle when this pandemic is over with.

Who would like to see The Revival show up one day?

·
Registered
409 Posts
NWA is my go to promotion. I've abandoned WWE and can't say I'm the biggest fan of AEW. But NWA is definitely something I enjoy. Can't wait for them to come back full throttle when this pandemic is over with.

Who would like to see The Revival show up one day?
I don't think they will since most likely signing with AEW.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't think they will since most likely signing with AEW.
I don't see why not considering they tape Power footage in 2-3 days worth for 2-3 months and I'm pretty sure they would love to call themselves NWA World tag team champions. They present themselves like a classic NWA tag team.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

NWA Powerrr returns with the season 3 finale with the "lost" episode called Super Power. This episode originally was intended to run in the build up for the Crockett Cup but with the world circumstances that event had to be postponed. NWA President William Patrick Corgan will update all the fans on what the future of The National Wresting Alliance is at the end of NWA Powerrr.

In Episode 21, Super Power, the main event pits Nick Aldis and Marty Scurll on opposite sides of a huge tag team match as Strictly Business (featuring Thom Latimer) faces Villain Enterprises (featuring Brody King) in this huge inter-promotional battle between the National Wrestling Alliance and Ring of Honor Wrestling.

Legends of the NWA are in action as Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson of the Rock N Roll Express battle the NWA National Champion Aron Stevens (aka Damien Sandow) and The Question Mark.

A special confrontation with top women in the National Wrestling Alliance. as Melina, Allysin Kay and the NWA World's Women Champion Thunder Rosa will all be at the NWA Powerrr podium together. A huge battle of two former NWA World Heavyweight Champions that turned hugely personal.

Tim Storm battles Jax Dane in a No-Disqualification match.

Plus a special interview with The NWA World Tag Team Champions Eli Drake & James Storm who are joined by Eddie Kingston.

You'll see the latest edition of May's Diary starring May Valentine, Sal Rinauro and Royce Isaacs.

A special women's challenge match as Marti Belle, Tasha Steelz and Ashley Vox battle in a triple threat match.

And the In-Ring Debut of Kamille plus her first ever interview.

Hopefully Corgan makes an announcement with regards to upcoming tapings.

·
Registered
176 Posts
First 20 mins was just the Kamille stuff that they put on YouTube the other week. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what Corgan has to say later.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I enjoyed that episode of SuperPowerrr, still think it's one of my favourite 60-90 mins of wrestling of the week, and looking forward to it returning in some capacity (fingers crossed).

There doing some sort of magazine show next week at 6.05pm EST called CarnyLand.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I enjoyed that episode of SuperPowerrr, still think it's one of my favourite 60-90 mins of wrestling of the week, and looking forward to it returning in some capacity (fingers crossed).

There doing some sort of magazine show next week at 6.05pm EST called CarnyLand.
I haven't watched SuperPowerrr yet, but was that Corgan's announcement?

1401 - 1420 of 1447 Posts