Wrestling Forum banner

1361 - 1378 of 1378 Posts

·
Registered
22,663 Posts
Watched the last 2 episodes of Powerrrr after Hard Times. I like what I see from NWA and will try to make it a point to watch them weekly. Just a couple things I wanted to note:

Nick Aldis is the kind of a champion any champion should aspire to be. Looks the part, talks the part, and get the job done in the ring. His 10 minute segment with Marty was gripping on both sides and I really want to see what comes out of that.

And Thunder Rosa, damn. I mean I was entertained by her in LU as Koba Moon, but I never really thought she was a good wrestler. Now? She seems like one of the best women's wrestlers out there. She's a big reason why I will continue to watch.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Watched the last 2 episodes of Powerrrr after Hard Times. I like what I see from NWA and will try to make it a point to watch them weekly. Just a couple things I wanted to note:

Nick Aldis is the kind of a champion any champion should aspire to be. Looks the part, talks the part, and get the job done in the ring. His 10 minute segment with Marty was gripping on both sides and I really want to see what comes out of that.

And Thunder Rosa, damn. I mean I was entertained by her in LU as Koba Moon, but I never really thought she was a good wrestler. Now? She seems like one of the best women's wrestlers out there. She's a big reason why I will continue to watch.
Some of the promos she cut as Kobra Moon were fantastic character work. She's awesome on NWA and even as heel she's hella over. Great wrestler.

·
Le Champion
18,635 Posts
Aldis vs. Scurll at the Crockett Cup. 10 pounds of gold vs. $500,000 on the line. Definitely something you'd see in old glory days of NWA.

Also ICYMI, based on the results of Free Enterprise yesterday, it'll be Aldis vs. PCO at Supercard of Honor. A nice headline in terms of champion vs. champion, but that just does not sound like a good match on paper. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I like Pantera, they just do not work as the theme this season. Hope they can go back to Into The Fire.

Nice to see The Bouncers against The Dawsons, glad that we are getting some more teams in the mix for the Crockett Cup.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I have a bad feeling after this Primetime with the Sean Mooney segment that they are planning to pad some weeks with one of the new 3 shows sprinkled in, which I don't know how this will go over. Sean announced that The Squared Circle will debut on 2/18 in place of Powerrr for the week.

We have Powerrr Surge and Girl Powerrr as shows too.

They really need to tape more matches or do something if they plan to put some of these new shows as filler in some weeks. It will totally kill the product like it did the one week back in early December before Into the Fire PPV as people want to see a weekly wrestling show.

·
Le Champion
18,635 Posts
Didn't see much that interested me on this week's episode and I'm rather pressed for time when it comes to watching wrestling currently, so skipping this week.

What is the Squared Circle? I'm out of the loop

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Didn't see much that interested me on this week's episode and I'm rather pressed for time when it comes to watching wrestling currently, so skipping this week.

From the NWA web site

The National Wrestling Alliance and Lightning One announce a new series that will join NWA Powerrr and Ten Pounds Of Gold… The new show is called The Circle Squared.

This series will allow new talents an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is to get a chance to earn an NWA Talent contract. This competition show allows talents selected to step up to the circle of the podium to exhibit their talents on the microphone before stepping into the square of the ring to show their physical abilities in a wrestling match. The key to making the NWA roster and eventually NWA Powerrr will be in these talents ability to connect with the the live audience in Atlanta and the audience watching all over the world. The ultimate winner of The Circle Squared will earn an National Wrestling Alliance contract.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Kind of a filler show this week. I didn't dislike it or anything. But no major events transpired either. A skippable 'just there' sort of show in the grand scheme of things. Highlight for me was The Bouncers and Storm/Drake drinking beer out of the actual Crockett Cup.

Iirc it's sort of their version of Tough Enough or the Top Prospect Tournament where unsigned guys will compete for a spot on the roster.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Watched this weeks episode finally. Really liking the but of changes to the format. Sean Mooney is a good formula and hes a good choice.

Like the theme song more.

If they contiue to do this change i could be into that as thats different i guess than keeping the same theme for a few years

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Watched this weeks episode finally. Really liking the but of changes to the format. Sean Mooney is a good formula and hes a good choice.

Like the theme song more.

If they contiue to do this change i could be into that as thats different i guess than keeping the same theme for a few years

But i agree a lot of each episode feels like a filler. The more the sjow grows the morethey will invest more properly into it. At the size it is its hard for it to not have this issue

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Fans should be happy the way it worked out anyway.

Billy at his peak net worth wasn't rich enough to invest in the changes to turn Impact around. Billy's peak worth was around 50 million, Anthem is worth over a billion.

This way, Impact is still in operation and Corgan has his NWA thing going on.

If Corgan had won out and bought Impact originally, chances are Impact would be dead and Corgan would be out of the business.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
This week's episode, "Strictly Chaos," was my favorite ep of Powerrr since before the Hard Times PPV. They finally got back to the winning Powerrr formula of promos, booking, build, and chaos.

Sure, there were only like 3 minutes of wrestling on the entire show, but shrug I was a fan of the Attitude Era, after all.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,122 Posts
This week's episode, "Strictly Chaos," was my favorite ep of Powerrr since before the Hard Times PPV. They finally got back to the winning Powerrr formula of promos, booking, build, and chaos.

Sure, there were only like 3 minutes of wrestling on the entire show, but shrug I was a fan of the Attitude Era, after all.
Agreed.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Same here I loved the entire show.

Their behind the desk segments are such a breath of fresh air.

Aldis, Tim Storm and Pope always kill it on the mic. Thunder Rosa is awesome. Show was so good I almost forgot that there was no Eli Drake and James Storm.

1361 - 1378 of 1378 Posts