Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
That gimmick is dated and probably wouldn't do over well today.

·
WF's Real Bad Guy
1,938 Posts
That gimmick is dated and probably wouldn't do over well today.
This, Why would WWE in its current PG style show recreate the Nation. I would rather WWE let their black talent have different characters and personalities.

Though if R-truth ever becomes stale with the crowd and needs a turn, I wouldn't mind seeing him go back to his early days NWA-TNA gimmick. I think you could have PG heel character that questions the establishment on the basis of Race, and other differences.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Yes, and it should be lead by the Returning Shelton Benjamin, with his new name Kareem Benjamin, Tarver & Henry as the enforcer Tag Team and Kofi Kingston as the muslimic religious preacher type that smokes dope and puts bullets in heads....oh well that is so not gonna happen.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Why the hell would anyone think there could be a Nation rebirth in 2011? Where could an idea like that possibly come from?

Seriously, there's no way WWE would ever do that, not even if they had an appropriate date coming up in less than a month.

·
Registered
708 Posts
To be hoenst, this should have happened a couple of years ago when MVP, Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke were all in the 'E with similar gimmicks (all black athlete-y types), with Marcus Cor Von and Mark Henry as back-up enforcer type-things.

I did a similar gimmick in SvR 2010 with a stable of:

MVP
Shelton Benjamin
Ezekiel Jackson
Mark Henry
R-Truth
Shad Gaspard
JTG

In my fued, I had them taking on Kofi Kingston where Kofi was offered to join but refused and the stable went after him. Culminated in Kofi Kingston taking the leader, with the ultra-face crew (Santino, Bourne, Morrison etc. etc.) being involved in a big face-off with the rest of the group.

·
Registered
256 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.