Wrestling Forum banner

Natalya with (Bret Hart) in her corner vs Charlotte with Ric.

2273 Views 26 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Drago
Feud would be great perfect heel vs face story.

Ric helps his daughter cheat and Bret is there to stop him.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,792 Posts
I would rather they just put 100% effort into actually booking the shield guys properly for once

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,696 Posts
Damn, i never watched NXT before.

They could have saved that match for WrestleMania 32 and built a feud.
It was needed to put Charlotte over. Unlike the main roster, women's wrestling is a huge deal down there. This match lead to the constant elevation of the importance of the division. All eyes were on the show because Paige had been stripped of the title due to her callup, so Charlotte was to be established as the new star of the division. It was the second live special ever, and it's what got a lot of people hooked on NXT and started their gradual rise from niche product, to selling out multiple house shows within minutes, and the London live special 3 months before having a card. You missed a great year of wrestling if you didn't watch NXT in 2014.

· Registered
1,792 Posts
The Shield guys are the most pushed wrestlers on the entire roster.

Which is surprising considering how overrated Ambrose and Reigns are.

No wonder the ratings are terrible.
lol, you just took 2 + 2 and got 74 bro.

They are pushed yes, but you have to push them well and make their characters suit them. And if it wasn't for the shield guys I would guess ratings would be way lower. They are a draw. They are the only real talent the wwe has produced since the attitude era imo

· The Blue Meanie
16,568 Posts
I wouldn't mind a WM match with Ric and Bret in the respective corners of Nattie and Charlotte, but this isn't grade school. Both women are old enough to go out there and put on a great match aided by storytelling. I've completely turned against Ricki Flair because they insist on booking her like Ric's clone and he's always there babysitting her.

· Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol, you just took 2 + 2 and got 74 bro.

They are pushed yes, but you have to push them well and make their characters suit them. And if it wasn't for the shield guys I would guess ratings would be way lower. They are a draw. They are the only real talent the wwe has produced since the attitude era imo
They need to develop their own characters stop blaming booking.

Ambrose is built like any average white man.

And Reigns struggles on the mic.

Booking can't fix that.

· Registered
1,792 Posts
They need to develop their own characters stop blaming booking.

Ambrose is built like any average white man.

And Reigns struggles on the mic.

Booking can't fix that.
Yup. I agree on all counts. At the end of the day the wrestlers need to grow some balls and control their own character. When they tell ambrose to go out and throw food at someone he should say fuck off. When they tell reigns to go out grinning he should say fuck off.

But they don't. its their fault partly I agree. But thats because there is no wcw anymore. No competition to go to.

· Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup. I agree on all counts. At the end of the day the wrestlers need to grow some balls and control their own character. When they tell ambrose to go out and throw food at someone he should say fuck off. When they tell reigns to go out grinning he should say fuck off.

But they don't. its their fault partly I agree. But thats because there is no wcw anymore. No competition to go to.
Reigns likes to grin and smile it's just the type of person he is.

He can't be badass all the time because he's naturally a silly Samoan.

There is nothing wrong with Reigns character it's the fans fault for expecting too much from him.

· Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was needed to put Charlotte over. Unlike the main roster, women's wrestling is a huge deal down there. This match lead to the constant elevation of the importance of the division. All eyes were on the show because Paige had been stripped of the title due to her callup, so Charlotte was to be established as the new star of the division. It was the second live special ever, and it's what got a lot of people hooked on NXT and started their gradual rise from niche product, to selling out multiple house shows within minutes, and the London live special 3 months before having a card. You missed a great year of wrestling if you didn't watch NXT in 2014.
I wasn't aware of this...thanks

· Banned
1,586 Posts
They need to start pushing two divas feuds at a time. Have the Paige vs Charlotte feud for the title and then have Sasha Banks squash Natalya or something. Actually get the 70% of the wwe audience who don't follow NXT get a reason to care about these girls when they aren't in the title picture

· I swear to god I had something for this...
7,222 Posts

Waste a return of Bret Hart to be in a feud with two charisma vacuums like Natalya & Charlotte? They are both better suited to having good matches with the actual overall talented performers, & putting them over more. Neither should be anywhere really near the title, let alone a singles Wrestlemania match.

Let's be honest, 99% chance there will only be one women's match on the WM card. It would be a complete waste for it to be these two in a singles match. Barring an AJ return, that match should be Becky vs Sasha, bottom line imo.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.