Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
A stanning today 💋
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't get me wrong, I like her. I'll admit before she got this push, I was one of those people who thought she was underrated. Now she is be utilized more often, I realize that this woman has been overhyped. BIG TIME.

She's a good in-ring worker, there is no denying that. But apart from that, what else is there?? Mic skills?? She clearly needs some work on that. She sounds shaky and seems to not have a lot of confidence on the mic at all. Very monotonous too. Personality?? Bland like every other diva. Charismatic?? She gets a decent pop, but the crowd is dead unless she does the sharpshooter. And some people say she will "save" the division?? I fail to see how only one person can get a whole division out of the shitter.

Thoughts??

Edit: Please don't think this is a bashing thread. I'm just stating my opinion on her.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
"I'll admit before this push, I thought she was underrated"

*Looks at avatar*

Enough said.

Reactions: LeapingLannyPoffo

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
"I'll admit before this push, I thought she was underrated"

*Looks at avatar*

Enough said.
lol totally.

She's better than any other Diva out there, with maybe the exception of Beth Phoenix.

Newsflash, everyone. LayCool is overrated. Sorry, but just being "annoying" doesn't constitute a good gimmick. They get the job done in the ring, but that's usually because they have someone better in the ring with them (Nattie, Beth, Mickie). And people who say they're the savior of the Divas division, give me a fucking break. The main reason people like LayCool is because of Layla. She was all of a sudden the HOTTEZT DIVAZ EVERZ HOLY SHITZ and everybody jumped on the bandwagon.

Nattie, on the other hand, can wrestle circles around anyone in the division right now. She is, by far, the most talented in-ring Diva on the roster, with Beth coming in as a close second. And she can talk. Watch some of Tyson's early ECW stuff. She basically did the talking for him. And what level of mic skill would you expect from a Diva anyway? Not trying to be sexist or anything, but it's basically a proven fact that you can't even compare the mic skills of someone like Nattie to say, Wade Barrett. Listen to someone like Kelly or Eve talk for a few seconds and you'll be begging for Nattie back.

And of course the crowd is going to be dead. The crowd's dead throughout any Divas match/segment. They don't care anymore.

There is hope that the Divas division can be saved. Nattie would be a big part of it, but she couldn't do it by herself. Maybe if they brought in some actual wrestlers instead of barbie dolls, we'd have ourselves a somewhat credible division. I'm still hoping for a Nattie/Beth feud, though. That'd breathe some life to it.

·
A stanning today 💋
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol totally.

She's better than any other Diva out there, with maybe the exception of Beth Phoenix.

Newsflash, everyone. LayCool is overrated. Sorry, but just being "annoying" doesn't constitute a good gimmick. They get the job done in the ring, but that's usually because they have someone better in the ring with them (Nattie, Beth, Mickie). And people who say they're the savior of the Divas division, give me a fucking break. The main reason people like LayCool is because of Layla. She was all of a sudden the HOTTEZT DIVAZ EVERZ HOLY SHITZ and everybody jumped on the bandwagon.

Nattie, on the other hand, can wrestle circles around anyone in the division right now. She is, by far, the most talented in-ring Diva on the roster, with Beth coming in as a close second. And she can talk. Watch some of Tyson's early ECW stuff. She basically did the talking for him. And what level of mic skill would you expect from a Diva anyway? Not trying to be sexist or anything, but it's basically a proven fact that you can't even compare the mic skills of someone like Nattie to say, Wade Barrett. Listen to someone like Kelly or Eve talk for a few seconds and you'll be begging for Nattie back.

And of course the crowd is going to be dead. The crowd's dead throughout any Divas match/segment. They don't care anymore.

There is hope that the Divas division can be saved. Nattie would be a big part of it, but she couldn't do it by herself. Maybe if they brought in some actual wrestlers instead of barbie dolls, we'd have ourselves a somewhat credible division. I'm still hoping for a Nattie/Beth feud, though. That'd breathe some life to it.
Of course LayCool is not the saviour of the division. Not saying that, but they certainly are one of the only interesting acts in the division imo. I'm not expecting a diva to be a Wade Barrett on the mic, but I do expect that person to be at least passable. Not a lot to ask for.

Sure there's hope. Biggest part would have to come from creative writing, but they seem to have trouble (or just to lazy) to find a storyline that is relatable to everyone. As long as we have that one dude in charge of bringing in new faces, the division will certainly not have a whole lot of cred.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
Of course LayCool is not the saviour of the division. Not saying that, but they certainly are one of the only interesting acts in the division imo.
Not saying you did. But, people have gone that far.

I'm not expecting a diva to be a Wade Barrett on the mic, but I do expect that person to be at least passable. Not a lot to ask for.
Like I said, compared to other Divas like Kelly, Eve, Alicia, Twins, etc, Nattie's definitely passable.

Sure there's hope. Biggest part would have to come from creative writing, but they seem to have trouble (or just to lazy) to find a storyline that is relatable to everyone. As long as we have that one dude in charge of bringing in new faces, the division will certainly not have a whole lot of cred.
Pfft. Creative writing. Haven't seen that for years.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Of course LayCool is not the saviour of the division. Not saying that, but they certainly are one of the only interesting acts in the division imo. I'm not expecting a diva to be a Wade Barrett on the mic, but I do expect that person to be at least passable. Not a lot to ask for.

And Michelle McCool is a lord on the mic? Gimme a break. LayCool fans have no right to criticize Natalya's mic skills. I've literally seen a wall with more charisma than Michelle McCool

·
✔
21,671 Posts
She's not saving the divas division because WWE aren't trying to save the divas division.

LayCool are awful. McCool should be let nowhere near a mic.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
She's underrated and overrated, depending on who you ask. She's overrated as an overall performer, but underrated in the ring. Underrated, because she rarely gets to show how great she really is (instead of just "good" like people usually say). Overrated, because people overlook her weakness on the mic and how much she relies of the overness of her heritage and the Sharpshooter to get the crowd's attention.

She's no savior, but she's good. Need more divas of her caliber. Laycool are good too. I think the whole divas dvision is better than it looks, but they get no real gimmicks or angles to work with, and so little TV time. Eve randomly showing mic skills, then being forced to go back dancing every week, is an example of talent being hidden for no reason. I think there's a lot more of that going on.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
anyone is better than LayCool. McCool maybe the most talentless person in the WWE which says something ge the belt off of her and never let her cut promos again

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yes she's vastly underrated considering Alicia Fox and Eve who are much inferior to her have won the Divas title while Natalya hasn't won any gold since her debut.

Laycool is not overrated imo, maybe they've been booked way too dominant which piss some people off but i don't really mind it. They were also great when they were on NXT as Kaval's pros, loving their interactions with the rookies and other pros.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Really? Are we really talking about mic skills here? The few times Nat was given the mic she was boring beyond belief. Theres a reason that Laycool is carrying a feud that they are about to give the belt up in. Truth sauce, if she didnt have a hart in the back of her name, nobody would have given a shit.

·
A stanning today 💋
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And Michelle McCool is a lord on the mic? Gimme a break. LayCool fans have no right to criticize Natalya's mic skills. I've literally seen a wall with more charisma than Michelle McCool
McCool and Natalya are on par with each other mic wise. They just pass.

To McCool's advantage, she has Layla to cover up her flaws.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yes she's vastly underrated considering Alicia Fox and Eve who are much inferior to her have won the Divas title while Natalya hasn't won any gold since her debut.
And this is the worst part. If it was just Beth Phoenix, Melina, Gail Kim and maybe Michelle McCool who've held the title, it wouldn't be so bad. But the fact that WWE deem Eve and Alicia Fox worthy of carrying the title and not Natalya, would be a flat-out disgrace to me.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
McCool and Natalya are on par with each other mic wise. They just pass.

To McCool's advantage, she has Layla to cover up her flaws.
In order for Natalya to be on McCool's level, she would need to sound forced and like she was reading off of a card. Instead she sounds normal and relaxed. Michelle McCool has had 6 years to work on this, and she still sounds like a robot.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
Really? Are we really talking about mic skills here? The few times Nat was given the mic she was boring beyond belief. Theres a reason that Laycool is carrying a feud that they are about to give the belt up in. Truth sauce, if she didnt have a hart in the back of her name, nobody would have given a shit.
Of course not, because then WWE would have to take notice of someone who can wrestle their way out of a paper bag. Besides Beth Phoenix, all the other divas are sub par wrestlers.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
If she didnt have a hart in the back of her name, nobody would have given a shit.
Prove it. Give me stone-solid proof that the crowd only react to her because of her last name, and don't generally like watching her wrestling. Because by your logic, Ted DiBiase must be recieving tremendous heat. Am I right?

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
lol totally.

But you could easily find a female with the better mic skills than anyone in wrestling history, women are just as good with mics as males are...

granted with wrestling in mind, you are correct, most WWE divas suck on the mic

1 - 20 of 83 Posts