1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yeah, it was terrible.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Please never return to Nashville Tennessee.. that crowd was deader than the Impact Zone
The crowd was definitely dead as a doornail, but TNA's always going to go back to Nashville. It's their original home base, and it's also not far from their current base in Orlando. If I'm not mistaken, other than Philly, Nashville's the only city that has gotten two of their big three shows (BFG, Lockdown and Slammiversary). St. Louis has had two Lockdowns, but none of the other big shows.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Yes, one of the worst crowds on the road for TNA. Impact zone crowd is usually better and that is saying something. Please go to New York.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
All because Bischoff hates new york, Manhattan center hammerstein ballroom new york should get a pay per views every year

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
All because Bischoff hates new york, Manhattan center hammerstein ballroom new york should get a pay per views every year
I have a feeling Bischoff prefers a "controlled" crowd and NYC cannot be controlled.

You can say that for most of the North East really.

Personally I would prefer a rowdy smark crowd to a silent casual crowd.

New York for TNA usually sells out and get's good crowds. They need a PPV or at least a TV taping where they could fix some of the audience response in post production if that's what they choose to do.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Nashville has been good for TNA in the past (I remember them being particularly excited at Slammiversary 07) but they were pretty damn dead for Lockdown, which really put a damper on the whole show for me.

They should consider a TV or PPV in Brooklyn when they do the BaseBrawl thing. That would be a pretty unique set-up.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Uber silent crowd.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Agreed.

Nashville has never been a hot wrestling town anyway, best left alone.
sigged

my guess is they expected more from tna since they were there when tna started out fresh

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I was curious, so I just looked up the attendance for Slammiversary 2008, which was in Memphis, and according to Wikipedia anyway, that show only drew 2,000 people too, which is bad on the TNA scale (which is probably something like 3,500 = OK, 4,000 = good, 5,000-6,000 = great). So maybe the problem for TNA is the whole state of Tennessee. Which is a bit of a problem of course because they're always going to be at least a little bit linked to it.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm re-watching the Lethal Lockdown match again, and I'm notice that another part of the problem with the crowd may have been that TNA put all the guys that are any type of over in midcard in opening match. Everbody but Kazarian got at least a decent pop coming out, though some RVD's was probably mostly based on name recognition. The crowd was evening counting down with the clock for the entrances. Then they died until Flair came out. It didn't seem to start out as the historically silent crowd it became.

*Edit: nobody cares about Gunner either. Forgot about him lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts