Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody think Nash is stuck in the mid 90s with his mic skill style?

When he did the under-dramatic "It was him!" to CM Punk/Trips. Just seems not WWE style of this era at all. And that's just an example of many moments where it feels he's stuck in the past. Another example would be how he says "Hey Punk!" alot.

So does anybody else think this??

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
After listening to a recent WOR I've realised something I always knew deep down and that is that Nash, using the criteria many smark fans use, isn't that good on the mic. Don't get me wrong, he can speak clearly and with confidence but can anyone name one memorable promo from him when he wasn't standing next to a (relatively) sober Scott Hall, one of the top 5 most charismatic wrestlers in history? I can't and that realisation brought me to another one, Nash isn't a good promo guy and maybe he never was.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
He's been horrible, I mean horrible ever since he came back.

When its just Punk and Triple H cutting a promo its utterly fantastic (just look at their contract signing) But when Nash is involved good god does he drag the segment and the angle down. Just look at last night and the week before that and the week before that. "I made this cool again" get the fuck out.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
He's very slow and plodding compared to Punk who is fast paced and eloquent and then Trips who is clear and intense. It just seems like he can't keep up with them and is constantly pausing to figure out what to say in response. That's what it seems like to me anyways.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
They gave him terrible material so far, especially when he tries to put over his feud with Punk as Rock/Austin or something,
"the universe is not big enough for both of us", "the match everybody want to see", give me a break. and Punk with his smartass comments just kills every promo.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
He comes across as a bitter, out of touch, rambling old man - which is exactly what Punk has been painting him as. Maybe it's intentional? If it isn't, it sure works. I can't take his promos seriously, which means I can't take him seriously. I burst out laughing so often because he sounds like a drunk uncle at a wedding. It's pretty bad.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
They gave him terrible material so far, especially when he tries to put over his feud with Punk as Rock/Austin or something,
"the universe is not big enough for both of us", "the match everybody want to see", give me a break. and with his smartass comments just kills every promo.
I'm pretty sure that was meant to be WWE Universe and he just botched the line a bit. Still terrible but it would've made more sense.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
After listening to a recent WOR I've realised something I always knew deep down and that is that Nash, using the criteria many smark fans use, isn't that good on the mic. Don't get me wrong, he can speak clearly and with confidence but can anyone name one memorable promo from him when he wasn't standing next to a (relatively) sober Scott Hall, one of the top 5 most charismatic wrestlers in history? I can't and that realisation brought me to another one, Nash isn't a good promo guy and maybe he never was.
You have a point, Nash is a great talker IMO but the reactions Hall gave him after every sentence made him look much better than he actually is.
Still, his nWo/Wolfpac mic work was awesome. like i said, they just gave him terrible material.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Why's he just screaming? That's what I want to know.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Nash doesn't follow a script which is cool, but it seems like he doesn't really know Punk at all, I'd make a compilation video of Punks work over the last three years and sit Nash down and let him figure out exactly what Punk's all about

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with him, and being different is only good. That way he don't sound bland like most of the workers do.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts