Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
643 Posts
how the hell is cm punk held back.. he was champ 5mins ago.. and how is r truth held back, he was in main event not long ago and is consitantly main eventing raw.. he cud only be doing better if he was champ??

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how the hell is cm punk held back.. he was champ 5mins ago.. and how is r truth held back, he was in main event not long ago and is consitantly main eventing raw.. he cud only be doing better if he was champ??
Never WWE Champion...

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so by your estimation.. if you have not had the wwe title you are being held back?? i cud come up with a large list of people being held back in this case!!
Right and that's the point of this thread.

Punk isn't satifisfied with what he's recieved in his WWE
career and plenty of guys don't get half of that he's
received.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
Matt Hardy in 2005. He had the crowd behind him and the feud to go with it.
Bubba Ray Dudley. He is one of the best heels in TNA right now. Imagine him in his prime in WWE.
Booker T in 2003. He could have easily done much more.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thread fail.Punk isn't held back he's the main focus of the biggest angle in the WWE right now.
RVD and Booker T were held back for ages in the WWE.MVP and Raven were also held back
Uh I know that.

The reason I started this thread is because many of his fans always complain about how he's being "buried" when he's really been treated better than plenty of other guys.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I'd argue Jericho when he first came to WWE. He should've won the title during those years. That pop when he beat triple H is unforgettable.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
I'd argue Jericho when he first came to WWE. He should've won the title during those years. That pop when he beat triple H is unforgettable.
Now this is coming from possibly the biggest Jericho fan you could find, but he really wasn't THAT over. He was over, very over in fact, but it was during the Attitude era, everybody was mega-over. That pop had a whole lot more to do with the fact HHH lost the title and the fact that it was completely unexpected then it was to do with the fact that Jericho was popular. At the time nobody would've liked to see him win the title more then me but he was nowhere near as popular as people here would have you believe and they would've been jumping the gun massively if they'd shoved him in the title scene just like that

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,798 Posts
MVP is always my answer for threads like this with Carlito being my second. Both of these guys showed they had lots of potential when they first debuted in WWE and over the next couple years both guys showed they not only had the potential to be a successful wrestler but that they had the potential to become superstars.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Now this is coming from possibly the biggest Jericho fan you could find, but he really wasn't THAT over. He was over, very over in fact, but it was during the Attitude era, everybody was mega-over. That pop had a whole lot more to do with the fact HHH lost the title and the fact that it was completely unexpected then it was to do with the fact that Jericho was popular. At the time nobody would've liked to see him win the title more then me but he was nowhere near as popular as people here would have you believe and they would've been jumping the gun massively if they'd shoved him in the title scene just like that
I agree, but I thought his eventual title win was long over due.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
MVP is always my answer for threads like this with Carlito being my second. Both of these guys showed they had lots of potential when they first debuted in WWE and over the next couple years both guys showed they not only had the potential to be a successful wrestler but that they had the potential to become superstars.
From former newer talent yup both these guys had potential to be big but were miss-used and never promoted after mid-carder status. I think both asked for their release also.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I'm going to go with HBK. I'm not saying he never got a shot, I'm more going with the angle that he was buried after huge success, and not saying he never got his chances. Let me explain.

0 titles won since the "Montreal screwjob". 4 months after that match (when he lost the title), he has held zero championships in the 13 years following that. He does not even have a European title win to his credit.

Huge superstar, reduced to nothing but a prop to give HHH more credibility as he rose to power. No Royal Rumble wins for Shawn since then either. No MITB wins either. HBK has not won shit since 1998.

To pick a guy right now, I would say John Morrison and R Truth are probably the most held back current superstars. I'm not sure why Morrison doesn't at least fued for the Intercontinental title or something. Likewise for R Truth. . .he got like one shot against Cena and since then was turned into a walking joke with severe "mental problems". wtf? I mean he's been extremely funny, but when is he getting put over? I think he deserves it.

·
THE CORPOLUTIONSTRY
1,971 Posts
I'm going to go with HBK. I'm not saying he never got a shot, I'm more going with the angle that he was buried after huge success, and not saying he never got his chances. Let me explain.

0 titles won since the "Montreal screwjob". 4 months after that match (when he lost the title), he has held zero championships in the 13 years following that. He does not even have a European title win to his credit.

Huge superstar, reduced to nothing but a prop to give HHH more credibility as he rose to power. No Royal Rumble wins for Shawn since then either. No MITB wins either. HBK has not won shit since 1998.
Uh, bro, you do realize that Michaels won the WHC in the first Elimination Chamber in 2002, won the tag titles in 2007, retired Ric Flair, and won the tag titles again in 2009? More to the point, Michaels probably could've politicked his way into any number of titles after he returned from his hiatus. He didn't need to; his legacy isn't championships, it's being one of the best ever.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts