Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think John Morrison. When he was on Smackdown he put on some of the best matches and even made some main events and got a World Title Shot. He added alot to the show.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Defitantly Morrison, he could easily thrive on Smackdown, Sheamus would as well with feuds with Taker Mysterio Big Show and Edge to put him over even more, same with Barrett

·
Registered
661 Posts
Defitantly Morrison, he could easily thrive on Smackdown, Sheamus would as well with feuds with Taker Mysterio Big Show and Edge to put him over even more, same with Barrett
Sheamus was WWE champion, you can't have a WWE champion mid-carder.

Barrett has been in the main event of 2 of the last 3 PPV's, and the PPV he wasn't main eventing in, he beat John Cena and made him join Nexus.

A mid-card superstar from RAW that I think will definitely benefit Smackdown is Daniel Bryan. Smackdown IS the wrestling show, and Byran's talent IS wrestling. But seeing as he has the US title at the moment, I wouldn't count on it for him to be traded anytime soon.

A more valid option would be Mark Henry. Even though he is "The World's Strongest Man," mid-carders seem able to beat him so I would put him in that league. He doesn't job unless he's ambushed so he's a competitor. I could see some good matches between him and Cody Rhodes, Curt Hawkins, and T-Reks. Possibly a worlds strongest man vs. the worlds largest athlete feud against Show in the future.

Just on a further note, Zack Ryder wouldn't be half as buried on Smackdown as he is on RAW.

·
Registered
581 Posts
John Morrison and Daniel Bryan. Although if that happens I will want to see Bryan/Punk and Morrison/Punk before they get traded!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Evan Bourne. He'll get used much better due to the lack of babyface contenders for IC title.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
It all depends on how they use them, they won't benefit Smackdown at all if they just job them out.

But if used properly I think Morrison could benefit Smackdown a lot. They pride themselves on being the 'wrestling' show, so putting Morrison in 10-15 minute matches every week would be great. He fit's better on that brand too and if they wanted him to, he could easily fit into a Mysterio like position where he's sometimes in the main event, sometimes not. Matches over on Smackdown with Morrison/Del Rio, Morrison/Swagger, Morrison/Rey, Morrison/Edge would all be fantastic with me.

Looks like he's staying put for the time being though...

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Sheamus was WWE champion, you can't have a WWE champion mid-carder.

On topic, anyone to be moved from Raw to Smackdown would have to be a face. There are already so many SD midcard heels that it'd have to be someone like R-Truth, John Morrison, or maybe Evan Bourne or Mark Henry.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
john morrison would not benefit sd the most. he has been there and nothing happened for him. thats was the whole point of moving him to raw in the first place. he was suppose to go to the flag ship show, get more exposure and beoome a major player..well, that didnt happen either.. a move back to sd wouldnt help..he is just starting to now gain traction on raw. daniel bryan would be good for sd becasue he has a style and the size that will allow him to put on greater matches with the guys on the sd roster. guys like kingston, ziggler, rhodes,kaval, mysterio, christian....these are guys that i see bryan puting on 5 star matches with.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
I agree with Bourne, he's really stuck on RAW, plus he could have some amazing matches on Smackdown!. With the right people on SD! they could even reintroduce the Cruiserweight Title, which I doubt but hey, one can hope.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Definitely The Miz. However Sheamus comes in a close second. Miz could definitely be the top heel of the show, and I think he should ask for a trade to Smackdown to cash in his MITB, and bury both Kane, and Taker together in the Buried Alive match. Miz could turn his back on RAW all in the same night as well. Thus explaining his move to Smackdown.

Let's just say Taker has placed Kane in the hole, and starts burying him. Miz comes out, and knocks Taker out with a shovel, and then pins him. While there is still room, he and Riley bury both Taker/Kane. Thus, Miz can say he buried both Taker/Kane alive, and won the title at the same time. We wouldn't here from Taker/Kane for weeks, and Miz/Riley would have Bearer captive prior to the PPV. Leaving Kane to think that Taker did this thus perpetuating the feud even that night at a live PPV.

Imagine the promo The Miz would cut on the following Smackdown about his total elimination of the most boring feud of all time, being Taker/Kane. Talk about how that was so 90's, and beaten like a dead horse. The Miz would be a solid world champion for Smackdown as he can work the mic well enough to do so, and I'm surprised the WWE hasn't realized this yet. He started on that show, and it serves him well to come back. His mic down with Edge was classic, and I thought his Swagger 2 week feud on RAW way back was interesting.

·
Registered
661 Posts

On topic, anyone to be moved from Raw to Smackdown would have to be a face. There are already so many SD midcard heels that it'd have to be someone like R-Truth, John Morrison, or maybe Evan Bourne or Mark Henry.
^To this I say that Swagger is credible enough to be in the M.E, he's just a very low M.E.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
With a lack of credible young faces on Smackdown, other than Kofi who I just can't get into, I think a Morrison move from Raw to Smackdown would be great for him, but not right now, he seems to be getting pushed, but if WWE was ever serious about his main event push, then move him to Smackdown as the top face. Edge, Taker and Rey can't carry the torch forever.

Morrison vs Del Rio
Morrison vs Swagger
Morrison vs Punk(if Punk went back to Smackdown)
Morrison vs Drew McIntyre

I thought they were gonna push Morrison hard last year when Jeff left, it seemed they were building him up the whole summer to fill that void, then Rey got suspended and didn't wanna drop it to Ziggler, so Morrison took the IC title and his momentum got derailed.

A Morrison draft to Smackdown followed with a huge push in 2011 is very welcome.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts