Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Some of you mentioned match quality, but while WWE has a lot of good workers nowadays most of the matches mean nothing at the end of the day or have bad booking and finishes. I feel like I'm watching a wannabe indy fed instead.

WWE's biggest issue was never its ring quality. I tuned in to watch WWE for the charismatic superstars and entertaining storylines and feuds. Not to watch the "WORKRATE" and guys without charisma having #5-star matches". I remember when WWE still cared about mic skills and let the workhorses like Benoit stay in mid-card feuds for the most part and let the big stars shine in the main event. Now that they have a bunch of generic looking guys who have "dat workrate" the people have been tuning out and losing interest. WWE's audience and appeal has never been the same as RoH's. And people wonder why WWE can't produce major stars anymore...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Some of you mentioned match quality...I remember when WWE still cared about mic skills and let the workhorses like Benoit stay in mid-card feuds for the most part and let the big stars shine in the main event. Now that they have a bunch of generic looking guys who have "dat workrate" the people have been tuning out and losing interest.
I remember that time too. Problem is, WWE does not care anymore. They push who they want to and people that have the capability to do well are either stuck in the midcard or stifled by scripted material. Samoa Joe is one person that can both cut a great promo and put on a great match, but they refuse to push him. Instead, they are trying to make a carbon copy of Steve Austin (and a bad one at that) in Kevin Owens and it is not doing well.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Firefly Funhouse

R-Truth and the 24/7-11 European title

Asuka & Kairi Sane (they need an entrance theme mash up though)

Ricochet's acrobatics (but please don't let him talk)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
The cost of the WWE Network including all ppv's.

Growing up i always missed a lot of events because the idea of paying 40-50$ each month for a ppv (especially as a kid/teed) is ludicrous - just so expensive.

So in comparison - i'm still eternally grateful for the 10$ a month now. I've been a subscriber from the start and don't plan to stop. I don't watch every month - i even skip ppv's here and there - but because the price is so low i'm grateful and a loyal customer and that won't change.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
WWE's giving me an excuse to go to Melbourne cos they have a live show there :lol I get to go a city I visited last year and enjoyed and I get to see some wrestlers I like while I'm there. Win win.

The WWE Network is awesome, especially considering PPVs here cost 20 bucks a pop.

Roman, Seth & Drew <3 I know my faves in the company don't match up with WF's faves, but when have I ever cared about that LOL.

The 24/7 title stuff is hilarious and I always look forward to it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I like the fiend Bray wyatt character right now, also giving Samoa Joe some screen time, also like this who's trying to kill Roman reigns angle and how Samoa Joe kinda showed his respect by seeing that he was okay in the crashed car. Buddy Murphy getting some time. Drake Mavericks wife is nice on the eyes

41 - 55 of 55 Posts