Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's been a good 20 minutes since the last let's flame TNA thread. Here's another one with a twist.
Basically you name 3 small niggling issues that get you in TNA. Only small issues (no "fire Hogan / Russo", "move out of the IZ", "go live" etc).

My three:

- How even though Abyss has been with TNA and various indie promotions for 7 years +, he still can't take a chair shot and simply lifts his hands and shakes like a spastic if hit from behind with a chair.

-How the Beautiful People have split up into 2 different stables for a good few months, yet both stables use the same music still. A few weeks ago they actually came out at the same time to the music.

-How Tazz will randomly interrupt / talk over Mike Tenay if a wrestler lands any kind a move with "Whoa whoa WHOA!".

Yours?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
-How the Beautiful People have split up into 2 different stables for a good few months, yet both stables use the same music still. A few weeks ago they actually came out at the same time to the music.
Sorry, but this isn't even an issue. The BP weren't split into stables. Ever. When Angelina was on her own, she had her own music. She didn't reunited with Velvet until just a few weeks ago.

And right now, the BP name and music is part of their storyline. Next week, it's Angelina/Velvet vs Madison/Tara for the rights to the BP name.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Im not sure i really consider these small issues, but on the grand scale i suppose they are small...

-Jeremy Borash's ring announcing - there's just something about the sound of his voice that screams "this is really cheap and indy.." He doesnt have a commanding sound that gets you hyped.

- some theme music is played way too low (especially Fortune)

- no more Christy Hemme interviews on Impact. I do really like the Reaction style stuff but you cant totally eliminate the traditional interviews. The Reaction-esque stuff on Impact should be strictly things that as the viewer you feel like you arent supposed to be seeing....such as Fortune icing Flair. Things that have a candid feel to it. Shit like that comes off much better without an interview person being there. Its a gold concept but cant be used for everything or it loses its appeal. The traditional backstage interview still has its place.

·
Premium Member
43,668 Posts
Small issues? If this were about BIG Issues, my three answers would be: The Writing, The Writing, and...THE WRITING!!!

But by the jist of this thread, small issues seems to equal nitpicks more than anything else, so here are mine:

1) Backstage Lighting = Why is it always so dark back there in the Impact Zone? Lighting is good! We like light! We like to see what is going on whenever you show us stuff.

2) Miss Tessmacher's Name = Really? We're going to steal a name from the Christopher Reeve Superman movie? I love that movie, don't get me wrong, but who the heck under the age of 22 is going to get that reference? Couldn't you say something like "I could bounce quarters off that thing" or even just something simple like "Nice ass!"?

3) "Let The Pigeon's Loose!" = Taz, what does that even mean? Velvet Sky bending over the rope isn't a magic trick or anything, so I really don't get the call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.