Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Hardcore Casual
1,236 Posts
I don't know about FOTC, but the Face of the Industry and the greatest GOAT of all time ever is Seth Rollins.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Not Rollins or a guy who looks like a backyard wrestler but I agree with Daniel Bryan. The injuries were unfortunate tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seth Rollins has no charisma, Daniel Bryan is a literal midget and Kevin Owens looks like every other fat guy you'd see down at the bar. Have you seen Roman's body? Have you seen his hair? Men want to be him and women want to fuck him. He's the only correct choice to be the face of the company.
Seth does have charisma

Daniel is average height

Kevin Owens's look suits his character

·
Registered
16,102 Posts
Daniel Bryan was getting close at one point. He's not the most visually appealing wrestler but he connected with fans as if he was the FOTC

The problem is that they never prepared anyone other than Reigns for that role. Ryback was the last guy where it felt like he was legitimately on that trajectory, but his push abruptly ended and they moved on to Reigns.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,533 Posts
The thing is, finding three people with the roster they have now is almost impossible, because there's barely anyone who possesses everything that's needed to fit that mold. To be the face of the company, you have to have a unique personality combined with the talent and still be able to stand out amongst the crowd. Daniel Bryan never really had that larger than life personality to be able to take that spot. Kevin Owens does but he never looked the part, nor is he particularly convincing as a face. Seth Rollins is not really all that talented, and is easily the least qualified person of those three.

Honestly, the best option was probably Ambrose. He was the only guy they had in the past five years who was incredibly talented in all major departments and was capable of playing both the face and heel role and still manage to be entertaining, all while still being pretty young.

·
Registered
13,754 Posts
It's difficult to say because WWe inhibited SO MANY talents over the years we never got to see a lot of guys full potential.

I still believe however that a properly booked Ambrose could have been big for WWe. No not a new boom big, but a very high percentage of WWe's audience is there because of previously established infrastructure. If I had to wager I'd say the percentage of "new fans" watching WWe the last few years would be in the low single digits. A properly booked Ambrose, imo, could have increased that number through word of mouth with what few fans remain. He was over with the crowd, had the mic skills and chemistry, and, despite what people say, can put on a very entertaining match.

Imagine if someone with all of that had moments that people could actually show their friends opposed to all the moments we've spent years trying to forget.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts