Registered
3,001 Posts
yup and its all thanks to orton for carrying that talentless fatass

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup and its all thanks to orton for carrying that talentless fatass
Remember when you thought he was giving a real retirement speech?

Being his size, and still being one of the most athletic wrestlers in the world makes him anything but talentless.

In fact, I'd say He carried Orton through that match.

Guess you're new to pro wrestling and only mark for pretty boys.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Punk/Henry - 4/2/12 is Henry's best, imo.

He's actually a great wrestler.
This. Wouldn't call him great though.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
The first and third Punk/Henry matches on Raw in '12, Rey match on SD in 06, Matt Hardy NM 08 and one of the Evan Bourne matches from ECW 09 are all better matches than the Orton ones, and Henry ROCKS in them all. Oh and the first Show/Henry match from his WHC reign. Ooooo and a couple of the Bryan matches around that time too.

Honestly not a fan of the Orton matches.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Can't forget about their Hell in a Cell match either. Some people shitted on that match but it was actually a great match between the two.

Also can't forget about Mark Henry's great match with Sheamus at Summerslam 2011, his match against Show at Vengeance 2011 with the ring collapsing, his Steel Cage match against Daniel Bryan on Smackdown, and two awesome TV matches against CM Punk on RAW in 2012.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The first and third Punk/Henry matches on Raw in '12, Rey match on SD in 06, Matt Hardy NM 08 and one of the Evan Bourne matches from ECW 09 are all better matches than the Orton ones, and Henry ROCKS in them all. Oh and the first Show/Henry match from his WHC reign. Ooooo and a couple of the Bryan matches around that time too.

Honestly not a fan of the Orton matches.
Yes. A great one was his WHC title defense in a cage against DB on SD.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Orton def carried him in that match. Henry isnt capable of carrying anybody to a solid match. His offense consists of him overpowering and beating you down while talking trash and you have to be a good seller to make him look good which Orton did. Orton actually seemed like he was fighting for his life which made the match even that much better.

·
Who am I ?
4,921 Posts
Mark Henry is a great wrestler, but NO Noc 11 was not his best match. Most of the guys in this thread have all mentioned superior matches. I believe henry/cena mitb was a similar styled match to orton/henry and better as well

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
It might be his best individual performance, but his best overall match is against Punk on the night after Wrestlemania 28.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
Remember when you thought he was giving a real retirement speech?

Being his size, and still being one of the most athletic wrestlers in the world makes him anything but talentless.

In fact, I'd say He carried Orton through that match.

Guess you're new to pro wrestling and only mark for pretty boys.
LOL.

He's had some great matches but I think NoC is probably his best. Also his biggest match as he finally achieved his dream.
Yep. Vince finally gave him the 15 year black man pity WHC reign.

What? Somebody had to say it.

It might be his best individual performance, but his best overall match is against Punk on the night after Wrestlemania 28.
No it wasn't.

So let me make sure I'm hearing this correctly, Henry's most important match in his career, the one that helped him establish his best character in his career, gave him his first and only World title reign, and propelled him to the main event by beating one of WWE's top guys, is not his best match?

Now were not considering story and development of characters etc? Now it's about overall ring work now? But people deny that Orton/Christian at MITB 11' isn't far superior to Cena/Punk because of all of these factors?

Okay, I guess. Not all, but some are being hypocrites.

·
Banned
1,219 Posts
Lol.. Orton can't carried anyone to a good match.

This match was memorable much more for the factor Henry
looked like an unbeatable monster.

·
Banned
213 Posts
Yes it is. His win was very unexpected but this is his best match.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
It was a decent match and probably was the best of his career. It was one of Mark Henry's only matches that was actually not boring.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Punk/Henry - 4/2/12 is Henry's best, imo.
This. The one a week or two later was the tits as well.

I really want Henry to win the WWE title someday as a badass heel. :dance

1 - 20 of 31 Posts