Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Re: Myth or Reality: Vince McMahons Sleep Habits?

Lack of sleep can make your thinking all fuzzy and cause you to make bad decisions. The aging process does not help that at all. So...ummm... maybe so given some of the decisions.

·
Premium Member
4,648 Posts

I was just re-listening to Moxley on talk is Jericho a little over a week ago and he said Vince contacted him at 4 in the morning (Vince's time) about signing a contract extension. I found that to be a little weird. Vince is a guy with a big workload, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get quality sleep. I think The Rock said he only gets about 3 or 4 hours as well. Kobe Bryant in his playing days said the same thing, that's just crazy to think about.

·
Registered
320 Posts

I remember going a week with hardly any sleep, it gets to the point where you crash and I slept for like 18 hours to compensate for the sleep debt.

Imagine 30 years of sleep debt. Vince probably worried he might not wake up.

·
Registered
17,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The workload has gotten vastly more intense since 94.

I mean they have gone from 4-5 ppvs a year and a bunch of tapings that would span a months 6 weeks to 5 hours of primetime tv weekly, 16-20 live shows on the network, dealing with shareholders

If you talked to Cody and Bucks I would imagine they would say they have never seen such amount of work in their life and are have only held 3 shows in 8 months while planning for 2 others.
I agree with social media which I'm sure Vince knows little about and the XFL things are changing a lot for a man his age.

·
Registered
17,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I was just re-listening to Moxley on talk is Jericho a little over a week ago and he said Vince contacted him at 4 in the morning (Vince's time) about signing a contract extension. I found that to be a little weird. Vince is a guy with a big workload, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get quality sleep. I think The Rock said he only gets about 3 or 4 hours as well. Kobe Bryant in his playing days said the same thing, that's just crazy to think about.
Wow 4 am? Wow probably true. He sleep from 12 am to 3 am I've heard. Holy shit.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I'm sure he's had plenty of nights where he got very little sleep but I doubt it's near as common as people claim. It probably got mentioned somewhere, then got passed by word of mouth and repeated so often that the myth has taken on an exaggerated life of its own

·
Registered
935 Posts

If it's true, it's not an admirable personality trait. Get some god damn sleep, maybe your brain would work a little better.

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,280 Posts

If it's true, it's not an admirable personality trait. Get some god damn sleep, maybe your brain would work a little better.
he needs to take a vacation for like 3 months and do nothing with wwe and then maybe the ratings will go up

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

I´ve read that claim from more than one source, so I think there´s truth to it.
I think Vince is borderline psychopath.. Studies have shown that one out of 5 top executives have psychopathic characteristics..

·
Queen of all Galaxies
3,557 Posts

The Genetic Jackhammer is sophisticated, pal, he doesn't need sleep! Sleep is such a bad shit! Quite frankly, I'd rather nail some hot blonde ass in my office, yeah! :vince3

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,248 Posts

Really successful people it seems follow a sleep pattern where they always get a large amount of comfortable sleep at a routine time, or else they hardly sleep at all. President Trump is one of those guys that has gone his whole life without really needing to sleep, like 3 hours every 24 hours and bang, good to go. I think Vince has always been one of those needs-zero-sleep sort and its part of the "workaholic mythos" that he has created about himself.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts

I agree. I'm skeptical of this any time I hear it. If it were 5-6 hours or the occasional 2-3, I might believe it.

I'd bet it is either exaggerated or augmented with naps. Lack of sleep wrecks your body. . .

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

Some people just naturally need more sleep than others.

Yet, I can't believe that he wouldn't have had better quality of life periods if he slept more. I'm sure there were countless times where he was an absolute nightmare to deal with because he felt like such shit, because he was so sleep deprived.

I'm sure people like Patterson, Prichard, Russo, Cornette, JR had many times where they would pray that he would just take a nap and get off them for a few hours. Prichard says that when they were riding around with Vince, the moment they would stop for gas, both would literally run as far away from Vince as they could during the time taken to pump gas, just for a few minutes of peace

·
Registered
2,337 Posts

I honestly don't know how he is still alive. You hear stories about Vince not sleeping, him working out still to this day like crazy, him running both shows. At his age he is pushing 80. He has been doing it for decades. How has he not died from overworking or stress. I have no idea. He should retire honestly.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts

Maybe Vince McMahon has mastered Segmented Sleep. Instead of sleeping a huge chunk of hours per day, he'd be sleeping in shorter durations. His circadian rhythm is probably too fucked up to work properly anymore considering the type of job that he has. It may work for other people but it may not work for everyone else.

But if he's really sleep-deprived then, there's no wonder as to why he makes all these sudden changes or rash decisions as well.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts