Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is Vince running on 'little-to-no sleep'? Or are the stories a most form of "fabrication"?

I cant point out where, but I remember clearly reading that the man would function often during a work-week with only 2-3 hours of sleep. o_0

If that's true that's insane!!

Anyone know?? Can we uncover the myth or reality? Lol

·
Asuka
96,548 Posts
Re: Myth or Reality: Vince McMahons Sleep Habits?

Personally, I think he sleeps 24 hours a day. Otherwise he would know who to push.

However, I believe this has been confirmed by writers in interviews. I remember hearing about it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

When I was in high school I would go to sleep at 4-5 and wake up at 6 every day and go to school, I would eat 1 candy bar and drink 1 glass of milk and I survived 4 years that way lol, but when I got bit older 24-25 I needed like 10 hours of sleep a day, and my job wasn't even that hard. Nowadays I get exhausted easily. I don't know how guy that old (on steroids too) working out, stressing out, and doing all he does can do that for like 50+ years and not be exhausted or dead by now. Yes he has access to best drugs and doctors but even that can only take you so far if you don't get enough rest and sleep. He is not human.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts

Maybe he sleeps thru RAW and Smackdown so he doesn't see how bad they actually are?

·
Registered
17,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally, I think he sleeps 24 hours a day. Otherwise he would know who to push.

However, I believe this has been confirmed by writers in interviews. I remember hearing about it.
I know right lol but...yeah I've read he basically "pinned" sleep long time ago.

The reports of the last minute RIP-UPS he does before Raws and Smackdowns, i wonder if that is a form of erratic behavior from lack of sleep?

·
Registered
3,603 Posts

He's a workaholic no question. Lots of people get by on 2-3 hours of sleep in busy times.

For all his faults - the one thing you can't blame Vince on is that he doesn't work hard. Guy's crazy.

·
Registered
17,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I was in high school I would go to sleep at 4-5 and wake up at 6 every day and go to school, I would eat 1 candy bar and drink 1 glass of milk and I survived 4 years that way lol, but when I got bit older 24-25 I needed like 10 hours of sleep a day, and my job wasn't even that hard. Nowadays I get exhausted easily. I don't know how guy that old (on steroids too) working out, stressing out, and doing all he does can do that for like 50+ years and not be exhausted or dead by now. Yes he has access to best drugs and doctors but even that can only take you so far if you don't get enough rest and sleep. He is not human.
I totally agree and I feel you in this post as I older also I felt the joy of sleep and the necessity of it and I don't know how anybody his age can do so much and sleep so little if it's true which I believe it probably is

·
Registered
3,247 Posts

I don't know, but he's workaholic person since his young day, he had been poor before and he married with Linda when he was too young to have family, he was 21 when he tie knot with Linda who was about 19. I assume, he just want follow the American dream or Get Rich or Die Tryin (50 Cent too much). He also (no clear record about this) never work as employer for a company, he was enterpreneur since beginning but went into bankruptcy for twice, it makes me think he barely have good quality sleep because he must think how to serve food for his family and they weren't live on misery due financial problem when he start his venture.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts

What exactly does it say otherwise? Boy, WWE is basically bigger than wrestling and that’s all because of Vince’s work.
But they have been on unimaginative auto-pilot mode for years. Just because they are the biggest it doesn't mean they are still the best, or put the most work in.

·
Banned
281 Posts
What exactly does it say otherwise? Boy, WWE is basically bigger than wrestling and that’s all because of Vince’s work.
But they have been on unimaginative auto-pilot mode for years. Just because they are the biggest it doesn't mean they are still the best, or put the most work in.
I don’t think Vince or anybody else in the company gives a fuck weather or not they are the ‘best’ as long as they earn more money than all other promotions combined.

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
The workload has gotten vastly more intense since 94.

I mean they have gone from 4-5 ppvs a year and a bunch of tapings that would span a months 6 weeks to 5 hours of primetime tv weekly, 16-20 live shows on the network, dealing with shareholders

If you talked to Cody and Bucks I would imagine they would say they have never seen such amount of work in their life and are have only held 3 shows in 8 months while planning for 2 others.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts