Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sin Cara on mexcian wrestling as Mystyco question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope some wrestling fanatic can anser this one for me.

Last week i was on hoilday over in spain, one morning i was flicking through the spanish channels and wwe raw was on in spanish.

Anyways after it some mexcian promotion was on for 2 hours.
The main event had mystico come out with what i persume was there main belt.

He done a few flips and then the other masked guy beat him with one move.

Does anyone no about this, i persume it was the companys way of making him look realy weak before he jumped ship to WWE.

Also the show must have been from a few months back assin cara has been in the wwe awhile now

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think that you most likely saw the first fall of a best 2-of-3 falls main event. CMLL (Místico's old promotion) does three falls for almost everything, except the earlier rounds of tournaments and for lower-/mid-card "lightning" matches. CMLL often does book the first two falls to be fairly quick, sometimes 45 seconds or less, even for main events and for title matches. But they wouldn't do a short one-fall main event.

To answer your direct question, there's absolutely no way that CMLL could have punished a title-holding Místico for jumping to WWE, because Místico last held a title in February 2010, almost a full year before he signed with WWE, and the consensus is that CMLL was blindsided by the jump anyway.

I have no idea what match this could have been, because, again, I'm operating under the assumption that you have to be describing one fall of a three-fall match, and it's customary for the first and/or second falls in CMLL to be really short.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts