Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Wednesday 18th April I went to go meet Kane at Smyths Toy Store in Sheffield then went to watch the Smackdown house show at night. I qued up for 2 hours to meet Kane and it was well and truly worth it, just to be so close to that man is such an amazing feeling. He said hello, we had a quick chat and I got him to sign one of my DVD's with him on the front. I even managed to get a photo with him (my avatar)! So after that I didn't think that anything could top it but my word it did. I wasn't expecting much from a Smackdown house show but my goodness it exceeded my expectations. From the pyro at the start right up untill Sheamus celebrated with the fans at the end this show was amazing. I didn't expect Booker T, Christan, Brodus Clay or Alberto Del Rio to be there so when each of those guys came out I marked out like crazy! I can honestly say this was the best day I have had as a WWE fan and I would like to thank WWE for the day I had.

If you want to check out my youtube vid that I made with all my photos for the day then feel free :)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Sounds amazing, glad to hear you had a good one.

I myself have never been to a WWE event, despite being a fan for years now.

If I'd go to any event, I would have to get WrestleMania tickets. If it came to London I'd die of happiness, don't see it happening for many years though, decades even.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what was the reaction to not having Barrett there? (OR WAS HE?!) Was it negative or positive? Forgive my ignorance but I only know slightly of the cities/towns competitive 'hate' (for a lack of better words) for one another in England.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you don't mind me asking, what was the reaction to not having Barrett there? (OR WAS HE?!) Was it negative or positive? Forgive my ignorance but I only know slightly of the cities/towns competitive 'hate' (for a lack of better words) for one another in England.
Unfortunately Barrett wasn't there due to his injury and neither was Regal because of something to do with his family.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Unfortunately Barrett wasn't there due to his injury and neither was Regal because of something to do with his family.
Were the fans there disappointed they didn't get to see Barrett or just neutral about it?

Regal was on the NXT taping...:confused:
Unless that was in the United States? I'unno

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Were the fans there disappointed they didn't get to see Barrett or just neutral about it?

Regal was on the NXT taping...:confused:
Unless that was in the United States? I'unno
Well me and my friend was gutted that he wasn't there because when we bought the tickets we mainly bought them just to see him. As for Regal, on Wednesday he pulled out of the rest of the tour so that is why he would of been on the NXT taping.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sounds cool. Glad you fun

·
Banned
679 Posts
Was drew Mcintyre there??

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I am not hating, but I thought you would say what u guys talked about at least.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am not hating, but I thought you would say what u guys talked about at least.
Im guessing you are on about what me and Kane were talking about? If so then he didn't really speak alot. When I asked for a photo he said sure and then when I said thaks he answered with a no problem buddy. I only got him to sign my Armageddon 2006 DVD with him on the front and he signed it exactly were i wanted him to without even asking.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
Did Kane ask you to embrace the hate?

It looks weird seeing Kane wear casual clothes and his mask. If anyone that doesn't watch wrestling saw him, they'd think he was on his way to rob a bank or something. :lmao

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Man... im so jealous... i really wanna meet Kane and ask him why he doesnt do the one-armed chokeslams anymore... but then I wouldnt want to offend him or something and then walk away having pissed off my favourite wrestler haha. I really wanna go to a live event... sigh... one day im sure.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man... im so jealous... i really wanna meet Kane and ask him why he doesnt do the one-armed chokeslams anymore... but then I wouldnt want to offend him or something and then walk away having pissed off my favourite wrestler haha. I really wanna go to a live event... sigh... one day im sure.
Yeah i would of asked him questions but security were [email protected] and I was only infront of him for about 20 seconds after cueing up for 2 hours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts