Wrestling Forum banner

My thoughts on the WWE Network.

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  HBK65 
#1 ·
Here's the thing and what I'm confused on, first of all I don't 100% understand the WWE network from a profit/business stand point but, here's what I'm confused on.

If you bought the WWE network your familiar with how it works and what they play on the site etc.

So listen, if most of the things they play on the WWE network is simply in their "video vault" then how are they losing money? You know what I mean?

Aren't they sorta making something outta nothing?

But...... I am aware that it's about PPV's. I guess they are sorta losing profit because people are paying less for PPV's, correct?

But they have tons of videos sitting in a "video vault" and they simply put that on the network and and charge people money for it so it should be non stop profit for them right overtime?

#3 ·
Re: My thoughts on the WWE network.

Here's the thing and what I'm confused on, first of all I don't 100% understand the WWE network from a profit/business stand point but, here's what I'm confused on.

If you bought the WWE network your familiar with how it works and what they play on the site etc.

So listen, if most of the things they play on the WWE network is simply in their "video vault" then how are they losing money? You know what I mean?

Aren't they sorta making something outta nothing?

But...... I am aware that it's about PPV's. I guess they are sorta losing profit because people are paying less for PPV's, correct?

But they have tons of videos sitting in a "video vault" and they simply put that on the network and and charge people money for it so it should be non stop profit for them right overtime?
negative

there are people who bought the network who probably never would of bought ppvs like battleground to begin with

#6 ·
#10 ·
Having the PPVs live streaming to all the subscribers, or even 80% of them requires a massive load balanced infrastructure of servers, hardware and internet connections. It's nowhere near profitable for them to own that equipment, so they lease or rent it as it's required. Naturally it's going to be on an on demand basis. You may notice while watching PPVs on the network the feed will sometimes be shaky initially until it comes up to speed. The archived material doesn't require nearly the resources as the live events do, but they must maintain a minimum level of performance. I think right now they're leasing time on the MLB network, and you know that can't be cheap.

Honestly maintaining the archive materials is probably less profitable than the live events, depending on the minimum level of service they (WWE) have to maintain. If it isn't being used enough, it hardly justifies the cost, and if it's being used too heavily, it boosts the cost of the minimum amount of equipment they have to lease.

Good question imo

#11 ·
Having the PPVs live streaming to all the subscribers, or even 80% of them requires a massive load balanced infrastructure of servers, hardware and internet connections. It's nowhere near profitable for them to own that equipment, so they lease or rent it as it's required. Naturally it's going to be on an on demand basis. You may notice while watching PPVs on the network the feed will sometimes be shaky initially until it comes up to speed. The archived material doesn't require nearly the resources as the live events do, but they must maintain a minimum level of performance. I think right now they're leasing time on the MLB network, and you know that can't be cheap.

Honestly maintaining the archive materials is probably less profitable than the live events, depending on the minimum level of service they (WWE) have to maintain. If it isn't being used enough, it hardly justifies the cost, and if it's being used too heavily, it boosts the cost of the minimum amount of equipment they have to lease.

Good question imo
Can't be highly expensive either.

#15 ·
The fraction of the archives they promised fulfils the short-term buzz of reliving the good ol day.

Once you're past your favourite matches, watched some of the 'original' content, what the hell you paying for?, $9.99 for Hell in a Cell?, that shit can be on a free stream & I'd fall asleep to it & just skip 50% of it the next download day.

The PPVs need to be worthwhile which goes back to RAW; Let's sacrifice HHH - Reigns so we can put it on another PPV when the renewal date comes up!, yeah I wouldn't sub another 6 months or pay the one off $20, when they pull this shit, especially the $9.99 it pisses people off & makes them not want to sub, they need to stop this crap, I'd rather throw $9.99 to my favourite Twitch streamer or donate to one of my favourite websites.

#16 ·
I'd rather throw $9.99 to my favourite Twitch streamer or donate to one of my favourite websites.
Then why watch the product at all? If you have no interest in supporting it, why just tune in to bitch about it? I'm afraid I'm never going to understand the it's good enough to steal but not good enough to buy mentality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.