Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoyed watching the battle royal, it was decent entertainment. But why on earth have the 'biggest battle royal in history' just to have Orton win and fight Henry AGAIN?

This match could have actually really elevated a member of the roster. Why not have someone like Ziggler or Barrett win, or Rhodes to then fight Henry. It was a perfect chance to push someone up. If a midcarder won it they could have ran with the victory, in coming weeks saying how they won the biggest battle royal, it actually sounds a very good accomplishment. I can say for sure Orton, nor the commentators will mention this victory again.

I feel the WWE missed out here, and actually shows how scared the WWE writers are at times.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
But what it does achieve is give Orton his allotted share of rematches so they can now have Henry fight other people while Orton moves on to his Cody feud.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I don't really see the problem in Orton winning. I expected it also. This also hypes up the main event for next week, Randy Orton and Big Show Vs. Mark Henry and Cody Rhodes.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
But, what's next for Orton when he buries Rhodes at Vengeance?

Another WHC match?
The OP's right, this could have had a massive effect on a mid-carder's career, or even made Del Rio look like a more credible champion, by having him go over the winner of the battle royal cleanly.

Another opportunity missed, thank you WWE.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
But, what's next for Orton when he buries Rhodes at Vengeance?

Another WHC match?
The OP's right, this could have had a massive effect on a mid-carder's career, or even made Del Rio look like a more credible champion, by having him go over the winner of the battle royal cleanly.

Another opportunity missed, thank you WWE.
Except that Rhodes will get the win at Vengeance, so thats all fine. Orton needs a quick shot of momentum because he is going to lose a 3rd straight PPV (albeit not cleanly this time, I think) and the WWE don't want to be accused of burying him.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Except that Rhodes will get the win at Vengeance, so thats all fine. Orton needs a quick shot of momentum because he is going to lose a 3rd straight PPV (albeit not cleanly this time, I think) and the WWE don't want to be accused of burying him.
I highly doubt they'll have Cody go over Orton.
They'll just have a stipulation that the IC title isn't on the line.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
i thnk cody will go over orton, just to establish him even further as a legit future main eventer. i could see 2 ppv matches with a split in wins between cody and randall.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Possibly, similar to the Mysterio feud he had earlier this year.
But even at that, I didn't feel there was any reason for a second match, especially a second match that Cody lost.

My feeling about Orton is the same as my feeling about Cena, when he's not in the title hunt, it seems WWE can't think of anything worthwhile to include him in.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Orton's in a non main event title feud and people are STILL bitching? Christ on a stick some of you are NEVER satisfied, Orton is always in the title hunt you whine, Orton moves out to feud with Cody you still whine...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
615 Posts
I hated the battle royal because it was a pointless excerise if they were gonna have Orton win, we all knew he would not win either title and who the hell wanted to see Orton vs Henry again? Not me thats for sure, it was a perfect excuse for WWE to give a midcarder a little push but they failed again. I would have had Rhodes win and have Orton interfere and cost him the WWE title.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Even if Orton was going to win, the Super Orton RKO frenzy at the end was ridiculous. It was the first time in a while that I gave my screen two middle fingers. The Miz twist helped a little but not enough. To be fair, maybe I'm more annoyed at the sheep in the crowd who eat it up than Orton himself.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Even if Orton was going to win, the Super Orton RKO frenzy at the end was ridiculous. It was the first time in a while that I gave my screen two middle fingers. The Miz twist helped a little but not enough. To be fair, maybe I'm more annoyed at the sheep in the crowd who eat it up than Orton himself.
If you don't like SuperOrton change the channel

·
Registered
68 Posts
I enjoyed the battle royal, it was better then the 10 men battle royal for ICC were the half roster came in to throw someone out.
to bad Orton won, thought it would be Ryan. he will get another push soon.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I dont see how the orton buries peopl excuse holds any weight anymore. I mean he put over henry like three times and made him look good and he has also brought cody along. I mean the battle royal was just to add to the feud with rhodes

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
A lot of missed opportunities in this battle royal

- The last two could've come down to Ziggler and Ryder, with Ryder getting tossed through the middle rope at the beginning of the match, and then coming back at the end. Ryder could've won the battle royal, and gotten a U.S. Title match against Ziggler.

- Alex Riley still has some semblance of overness, and he was eliminated by his long time rival The Miz. If you watch Superstars, you'll notice that Riley's ring work has been improving. Maybe instead. the battle royal could've come down to Riley taking on Miz & R-Truth by himself, overcoming the odds and choosing to face Del Rio, who would beat Riley cleanly. Miz & Truth get their heat back by coming out and beating down Riley after the match and then "saying it to his face" by singing a special version of You Suck to him.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts