Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading some old forum posts recently from years ago and 2017/18 regarding the Dirt Bike Kid and I must say that you're all completely off your trolley! And please believe me when I say that I do not say this lightly, but The Dirt Bike Kid is and should be regarded in British Wrestling as a bloody legend! I mean, oh my god. He absolutely rescued the British scene and laid the foundations for the what it is today. The politics was different then too, and he had a shit load of hatred and anger aimed in his direction for running those shows, especially from the old guard promotions! Fin Martin was right. He was a Pioneer! Look at all the people in the JLister piece above, that all got their true start because of him. He literally kick-started and brought to life, the hard-core scene here in the UK. He brought you Sabu, Rob Van Dam, Mikey Whipwreck and more, even helping Ulf Hermann get into ECW and become part of the FBI!

He thrust Hammerlock Wrestling School into the limelight, and look at them now and the people that have come through there becoming megastars in the big promotions like WWE and New Japan. Look at the numerous people who are still around shaping the industry even now like Alex Shane with WrestleTalk and ITV, Doug Williams, Phil Powers and more who also owe their big-break to the Dirt Bike Kid.

The amount of Chinese-whispers and stories that have been made up about this guy are not only ridiculous, but completely without merit. Most of you lot never even met the guy, dealt with him or spoke with him on a personal level. You also have no idea of the possible stress he was under during those times as well. I know for a fact that he had received numerous threats against himself and more importantly his family for running those EWA shows (the Karl Kramer incident could have permanently crippled him!), and more especially during the Ultra Kaos and Massacre shows. But he still ran them nonetheless, and refused to cancel them because fans had already paid for their tickets and didn't want to do that to them.

I met him during this era, and I found him to be nothing but nice and respectful. Even afterwards he's kept a dignified silence. He was a strong character and never let anybody tell him what to do. This in truth can create enemies, yes. But if he wasn't, the scene may never have got revived when it did!

All you ever hear about are the snowballed stories that are negative to his character. Who do you think started all these rumours and false truths about him in the first place? Remember, those who stand to benefit and have the most to gain are normally the culprits.

Think about this. If he is such a unlikable, uncool and horrible/despicable person, and Sabu is such a likable and super cool person (you only have to see his video interviews to realise this!) then how come they are the absolute best of friends!

There is so much more. I could write more, and maybe someday I will. The Japan stuff was without doubt a complete work. It's kind of comical really that most of you cannot see the truth staring at you right before your own eyes. You only have to watch the video to see, but you are all too blind. It's right there. You only have to use your common sense and do your due-diligence. He was always big on working the so called smart-marks after he appeared on the card at Cyber Slam in ECW and witnessed the Brian Pillman events first-hand!

We should give him the respect he deserves. Even if for whatever reason, you don't like him. Who knows where we might have been without him.

I in turn, thank you DBK. Even if some of you morons do not!

----

Do your own homework. Investigate. Don't let rubbish stories from years ago become what is considered the foundation for his truth today.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
He had great ring gear and was a nice reference to a forgotten 80s film, if nothing else, could have been great, be nice if someone else can take up the moniker like another Tiger Mask

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Well, if nothing else he at least got his name out there by joining to... I don't know what he's trying to do here.

I would say I would have been better off not wasting my time learning about this guy, but on the other hand I would have never seen a botched double axe-handle otherwise, didn't know that was possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts