Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I go to play a video on Youtube and I wasn't getting audio. Now I know the cord suffers from a shortage problem and I usually just touch it and it works, but this time it didn't. So I then tried resetting my PC, nothing. I unplugged everything, still nothing. I went into device manager and my computer is recognizing the device and it's status is working properly. I tried disabling it then enabling it back, but nothing worked.

What could possibly be the problem. I tried everything. Is it possible for it to just stop working like that? Something blew in it or anything? I'm not well acquaint with all the fancy technical jargon but it's a speaker system with a big box thing like and 2 other small speakers.

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Well since you already established that the cord itself suffers from shorting, that is most likely your issue. The cord itself can deteriorate over time. The cord issue itself will not throw a device issue code in the device manager.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
As LawOutlaw said it is most likely due to the short in your cord.

You could A.) cut and splice the cord back together yourself and wrap with electrical tape or B.) buy a new speaker to replace that exact one from Amazon or eBay if buying a single one for your particular setup is possible.

·
Men of Mayhem
7,330 Posts
Well since you already established that the cord itself suffers from shorting, that is most likely your issue. The cord itself can deteriorate over time. The cord issue itself will not throw a device issue code in the device manager.
This is definitely the problem.

Unless you have a serious system hooked up to your PC, or you are low on cash, I would suggest to you to just go pick up a new set.

I have a short in mine wear only the left speaker plays unless I play with the volume or move the wires around for a while; I bought some new ones and I was very, very happy.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is definitely the problem.

Unless you have a serious system hooked up to your PC, or you are low on cash, I would suggest to you to just go pick up a new set.

I have a short in mine wear only the left speaker plays unless I play with the volume or move the wires around for a while; I bought some new ones and I was very, very happy.
Thanks. I'll do that. I'm getting a nice pair for $10USD, so not a bad buy at all.

Although, I will miss the bad ass set up I had going on but hey it's just a material possession. They come and go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts