Wrestling Forum banner

My problem with the Miz

1479 Views 14 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  pimping_cocanut
Ok, before i start I am not bashing Miz fans and I repect him in real life for his dedication to the business.

For me, my main problem with the miz is the complete lack of anything that makes him credible or Intimidating, I know that he is supposed to be a lucky/fluke champion and more on that later. Lets start with his build up, about a year and a half ago, he just stated that he was going to win the US cnampion..no build up or anything. He comes out with new gear, catch phrase, and song..( why does it seem that to be a threat, you have to have short tights?. He wins the title with no real build up. then he has the title for a long time, and has no real good fueds. then the give him the tag titles as if to say " He has to be a threat...look at all of his titles!"

He loses all of those and wins MITB, and then the WWE title. While he has won alot of fluke matches, he has one a decent amount of them clean..and againts people who have much more skills then him, as if to say..."look..he beat good wrestlers...ergo he MUST be crediable..right?" His promo skills are over blown...he has never wowed me and they are boring and predicatable..." talk, lower voice, scream, say really, say something smarky, catch phrase".

Even if you dont like it, it seems that every other champions has something that makes them credible or the excel at..Hogan-size and charisma, Ultimate Warriar-Size and Charisma, Bret Hart-Technical skills, The Rock-Charisma, Stone Cold-Brawling and Charisma, JBL ( a Fluke Champion) Size, Charisma and a STABLE helping him win..Not a NXT rookie and an Announcer. Even Rey has great in-ring abilities.

The Miz isn't big enough to do power moves, isnt a brawler, can do high flying moves, Isn't good a technical moves, isnt athletic enough to so cool "spots", doesnt have an aura of being a bad ass, nor plays mind games (I.E. Roddy Piper, Jake the Snake, Raven, "Cerebel Assassin" HHH). The miz has some mild charisma..and thats it..if he exceled in anyother area, i think that he would be more over. I think that if they gave his push to others, he would be much more over than him.

Sorry for the length, I just wanted to get this out..If you disagree I have not problems with you and would like to read your opinion.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
This topic is difficult, he does have some good mic skills I just dont like him as a wrestler. People go on about Cena and how they are pissed off with them, I just think Miz is a little bit less belivable as a champion then alot of the other stars in WWE.

· Registered
939 Posts
Firstly I will state that he has improved no end in the ring and has surprised me with his step up. His match with Daniel Bryan was actually pretty good. Those who trash Cena on here for being thrown down our throats like The Miz who has been thrown down our throats he just isn't as good in the ring as Cena and getting wins over Randy Orton :no: You have to believe he is capable of beating the likes of Orton and Cena but pardon the pun I just can't see it

· Registered
87 Posts
Miz single-handedly made NXT Season 1 watchable, and opened the way for the great Cole/Bryan feud.

For all those people saying he's not that great on the mic, that is your opinion. Name one person on the current RAW roster who is better, and keep in mind I think Cena is the absolute worst PG-cookie-cutter promo man in the business who does nothing but crack lame 'poopy' jokes, insist on calling his opponents goofy names like 'CM Sucks', and in general relies on the fact that half of the crowd boo the ever-loving hell out of him everytime he comes out to the ring.

Nobody is better on the mic than The Miz, I'll go ahead and answer the question for you. If HBK/HHH/hell even Booker were still actively wrestling, we could talk. But Randy Orton sucks on the mic. John Morisson sucks on the mic. Shameus is passable at best, but his accent makes it hard for him to get over with the crowd. Mark Henry sucks on the (good lord, remember when he tried to freestyle?!!?) The Miz and Alex Riley are quite simply the best and the only two who can legitimately compete with Cena and The Rock in terms of charisma at Wrestlemania. Offer an alternative option if you think one exists, by all means.

As for the technical wrestling, it's simply a matter of The Miz adding to his repertoire. Just like Cena added the STFU to his move list, The Miz needs to add himself some submission holds. His kneelift-into-neckbreaker (Reality Check) is one of my favorite signature moves, and the Skull-Crushing-Finale into a metallic object looks like a really devestating finishing maneuver. He's got ring presence on par with Chris Jericho during The Lionheart's WCW TV title reign, IMHO. The matches he's had with Daniel Bryan, John Morrisson, and even King has just upped his game that much more.

Compare The Miz to someone like the Big Show. To someone like The Great Khali. To someone like Ted Dibiase. To the majority of the New Nexus. He's hardly the worst person in the WWE, and IMHO he's better than a large percentage of the roster. He's at least as good as John Cena is in the ring, and sells a helluvalot better than Cena ever does. As far as looks goes, I'm glad he's not an overly muscular monstrosity-- people will buy into the fact that he's outmatched against Cena, and this will play into the fact that Miz will be trying to lie/cheat/steal every victory he can over the CeNation.

The Miz is AWWWWWEEEESOOOOME as the main event of Wrestlemania, and hopefully the next 6 months will see the Rock give him one hell of a boost in terms of legitimacy. Going one-on-one with the Great One on the mic and holding your own would be the best thing to happen to The Miz (see Jericho's debut in WWE).

· Banned
7,532 Posts
miz is the one of the worst male wrestles in the wwe. Some divas out wrestle him. He is overrated majorly on the mic. And can NOT wrestle to save his life.
That's not fair nor true so we'll just pretend you just didn't say it. He takes hits very well, suplexs and superplexes. Give him credit that'll he do moves in the ring, just being attacked against.

· Banned
361 Posts
Am I alone in enjoying his feud with Lawler? Miz has been brilliant. But he needs to channel some of the personality he exhibits in his promos into his matches.
When he talks he's full of energy, he's charismatic and pretty damn cool. When he's in a match, he's too serious. Look how Punk acts in a match, he mocks his opponent relentlessly, Miz should do something similar.

Hell, remember when The Rock went corporate? He had this bit where he'd stop wrestling and do a bit of commentary whilst he was beating up his opponent. Why doesn't Miz use that bit?

He simply needs to have a few gimmicks when he's actually wrestling, he's a great character but he needs to find a way to become more exciting as an in-ring talent.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"He's got ring presence on par with Chris Jericho during The Lionheart's WCW TV title "

But the Miz is the WWE Champion...not the third tier title..if he was stuck with the European championship i wouldnt have a problem. Also CM punk is better than the Miz on the mic in almost every way conceivable, Also i do not think that The Miz and Riley are even remotly near the Rocks level. People hang on every word that the Rock says, The Miz, you can tune him out easily.

· Premium Member
819 Posts
Most heel champions aren't supposed to be bad asses who constantly stand tall and win clean. How many of edge's championship reigns have come by being cheap? How many of the recent heel champions have won based on being cheap?? I think people overanalyze his reign because most people dislike him.

I like the miz and what he does. He is great on the mic and decent in the ring. I will say I am not too thrilled on how cena and him will put on a match on the biggest stage of them all. Cena can't wrestle and miz is ok. Gunna be interesting.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Most heel champions aren't supposed to be bad asses who constantly stand tall and win clean. How many of edge's championship reigns have come by being cheap? How many of the recent heel champions have won based on being cheap?? I think people overanalyze his reign because most people dislike him.
I Have no problem with a Heel Champion, but usually they have something decent helping them, Edge- being an oppurtunist and politics, HHH-A stable helping him. Also most other heel champions at least look like wrestlers..not a random guy from the street. I hate to say this because he works so hard to be a good, but if he was not in the "Real World", he would not be in the WWE The Miz doesn't have the size or the body. neither does he have skills to make up for those short comings. One of the things about Pro-wrestling is the fact that these people are suppost to be larger than life people, not an average guy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.