Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There doesn't seem to be any official thread for posting predictions for the PPV, so here's my thread.

40 Man Royal Rumble Match: As you can see in my sig, I have given predicitons for this match on who I think will win, but right now, i'm gonna do my last official prediction: the winner of the Royal Rumble will be either Wade Barett, CM Punk, or HHH. We have seen since 2002 that every man that has won the royal rumble has been a man that has never won it before. Given the fact that HHH has already won it before, and the fact that he has hinted in recent interviews about not wanting the world title so much anymore, I think that it is more likely that either Barett or Punk will win. If I had to choose between them two, I'd say the more likely winner is....CM Punk. So, my official prediction for the Royal Rumble winner is CM Punk. Do i want him to win? meh,i dunno, but i think that he is going to be booked to be the winner. I think the last person to get eliminated will be either Cena or HHH. The match could be fun.

The Miz vs Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match): I think Miz will retain the title here, and then lose it at Elimination Chamber. The match could be okayish, I guess.

Edge vs Dolph Ziggler (World Heavyweight Championship Match): Edge will retain the title. Could be a good match.

Natalya vs Lay-Cool (Handicap Match): Natalya will win. The match won't be anything special.

· Registered
2,887 Posts
The past 4 rumbles have all been major stars. 2007 = Undertaker, 2008 = Cena, 2009 = Edge, 2010 = Orton.

If you look at the pattern it's probably Punk this year. It always seems to be a major player who has a intense feud going already. Taker had his beef with Batista. Cena had his 3 way with Orton and Trips. Edge had his rivalry with Jericho. Orton had his thing with Trips and the McMahons.

This year Punk has his beef with Cena going. All they have to do is have Cena win the Elimination Chamber and Punk challenge him to complete their feud.

I just can't see Barret getting the main event at Wrestlemania. He's just not big enough star yet, and they can set up the feud with Taker differently just using his group Corre.

No one else really has that major feud momentum in my opinion.

· "MINUS FIVE STARS"
3,387 Posts
The past 4 rumbles have all been major stars. 2007 = Undertaker, 2008 = Cena, 2009 = Edge, 2010 = Orton.

If you look at the pattern it's probably Punk this year. It always seems to be a major player who has a intense feud going already. Taker had his beef with Batista. Cena had his 3 way with Orton and Trips. Edge had his rivalry with Jericho. Orton had his thing with Trips and the McMahons.

This year Punk has his beef with Cena going. All they have to do is have Cena win the Elimination Chamber and Punk challenge him to complete their feud.

I just can't see Barret getting the main event at Wrestlemania. He's just not big enough star yet, and they can set up the feud with Taker differently just using his group Corre.

No one else really has that major feud momentum in my opinion.
Don't mean to nitpick but you have Edge's and Orton's years backwards.

On topic: This might just be the true start of the youth movement, I'm going with an upper midcarder to win the rumble. Guys like Del Rio, Swagger, Kofi, Barrett, etc. It puts a fresh face in the main event at Wrestlemania and whoever wins will probably be booked against an established champion, whichever brand thats on.

· Registered
2,887 Posts
Not the way wwe books wrestlemania guys. It's the biggest ppv they have. Cena has even been mocking Miz in promos about him not being a big enough star to get to wrestlemania as champion.

Del Rio is way too small of a star and it's his first year ever in a rumble. No way is he a contender.

The one who wins is going to be booked strong all the way up to wrestlemania. How could they do that with Kofi? Christian?

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Miz will win with Jericho screwing Orton

For some reason I can see Ziggler beating Edge but I don't think he'll go into WM as Champ

Amazing Kong will debut and help Laycool win the Divas Title

Someone who has a storyline going into the Rumble always wins the match so it's either going to be, Punk, Barrett, Cena, Sheamus, Morrison, Cena, Del Rio, Big Show or some returning star. Alberto Del Rio will win the Royal Rumble. I mean come on it's been way too long since an up and comer won the damn thing so please just do it WWE.

· Registered
284 Posts
My pick is Cena.

He's going to be in the Wrestlemania main-event, and the Royal Rumble is in his hometown, Boston, Massachusetts.
Knowing Vince that's the reason why he'll be the last one eliminated.

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Can't see cena winning nearly every year we have a new rumble winner can't remember the last time we had a repeat winner of the royal rumble maybe 2001? vince is wise and knows it doesn't make a good healdine as big as cena is having a new name win the rumble will have a far bigger impact.

· Registered
1,363 Posts
I REALLY want someone who is newer/younger or someone who hasn't had a chance to truly shine yet to win it tonight, but I just don't see it happening.

If I were to put money on it, unfortinatly I would pick Cena to win it. Do I want Cena to win it? Fuck no. Do I think Cena needs to win it? Absolutely not, he's the last one that needs to win it, it doesn't benefit him in the slightest. However, that doesn't steer away from the fact that I think he will win it.

Vince and WWE are way too invested in Cena. With this being the "biggest" Royal Rumble, I just don't see Vince having anyone else but his biggest star win the damn thing.

I would love to see someone like:
ADR
Christian
CM Punk
Sheamus
Barrett
or even Triple H win it (The guy has been gone for what? 9 months now? He doesn't need the win, but it'd be a nice welcome back and atleast something somewhat new.)

But I just can't shake the feeling that Cena is gonna "overcome the odds" by drawing a early number and win this.

So your 2011 Royal Rumble winner - John Cena.

I hope i'm wrong, but i'm about 99% sure that this will be the outcome.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.