Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When people talk about the Attitude Era, they have a tendency to simplify it down to two things: sex and violence. While there were both of those, there's one thing about the Era that people forget, and what's really been missing from WWE since; the humor. Or to be specific, the way humor was used. Back then, you could do a funny feud that led to some damn good wrestling (see: Jericho vs Regal or the legendary TLC wars) or have a serious feud with some funny elements (see: a lot of the Austin-McMahon-Rock feuds). It wasn't as one-dimensional as it is today where you've got "serious" feuds and "funny" feuds which are usually anything but.

90% of the things people bitch about regarding the "PG Era" could easily be fixed if the current crop of writers knew how to write comedy. That's just my two cents.

·
''The Tone''
1,490 Posts
Don't tell me you missed CM Punk's hilarious one-liners this past Friday!? "You're the voice of the pointless!" - Oh, priceless.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
There is no talent to pull any of that off again

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Don't tell me you missed CM Punk's hilarious one-liners this past Friday!? "You're the voice of the pointless!" - Oh, priceless.
I love Punk, but I wouldn't call this hilarious.

Now Punk telling Steph he wouldn't shake her hand because "I know where that hand has been." THAT was hilarious.

And your right. The WWE isn't as funny as it was back then.

WWE needs more violence, more humor, and more puppies. Maybe once Linda stops trying to be a politician the WWE will pull its head out of its ass add get the attitude back. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

Now Punk telling Steph he wouldn't shake her hand because "I know where that hand has been." THAT was hilarious.

WWE needs more violence, more humor, and more puppies. Maybe once Linda stops trying to be a politician the WWE will pull its head out of its ass add get the attitude back. Maybe.
Man was punk on fire at that time he was just hilarious. Now the comedy is aimed more to kids which is what really sucks you get a chuckle here and there not like before.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

:no::no::no:

Calling Steph a hoe stopped being cool after Rock and Jericho did every posible joke on the subject

1 - 15 of 15 Posts