Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think Jinder has necessarily bad promos or delivery but I really wish he'd do more than just recite a script.

There is so much raw material you could use. He could talk about his climb from the bottom to the top. He could talk about how he grabbed the brass ring when nobody believed he could and that's why he's above everyone. He could talk about his body transformation. He could go deeper into why he thinks people hate seeing someone that "looks like him" as champion. There are so many different avenues to take but they keep regurgitating the same stuff week after week. I'm not putting the blame on Jinder but whoever is guiding him (cough… Vince… cough). Jinder has admitted that he's written promos before but Vince now is writing all his promos. I feel like Jinder Mahal is someone who's so appreciative of the opportunity he's been given, he's too cautious to speak up about any of his booking and just do what he's told.

Instead, you have a character who is an opportunist and even a bit of a coward but still acting like he's great. If they're going to go the coward route, that's fine, I'm not against it, but there needs to be signs that he's self aware of this. The context of his promos don't correlate with his actions.

My point is, this character needs to be a little deeper than what they're currently doing or he's going to become stale. We need to know who this character truly is.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I find him incredibly boring whether he is wrestling or doing promo's. I know he praised Vince for a promo he didn't think would work but got him lots of heat. I do believe all wrestlers should be given the freedom to say what they want. Most of the guys are terrible actors so reading off a script seems so forced and unnatural. See whether they sink or swim.

I would pair him with some valets as well as the bollywood boyz. Have him come out gloating how he proved all his doubters wrong and now look at him. He has the women, the gold, the body bla bla, it sells itself.

Reactions: egnuldt

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He needs to find the volume button. A couple of weeks ago when he did a promo on the ramp i could hear a conversation in the crowd more clear than his promo. And he was the one with a mic!
His promo style has changed if you compare the first few weeks of his push to now. He used to speak in a deeper, more intimidating tone and then it become very apparent that his voice was cracking and he was losing his voice. Now, these past few weeks he's been speaking in a more calm, smooth way.

The context of his promos however hasn't changed that much. He seems more comfortable on the mic but it's just too cut and dry. If he's not going to be great on the mic, he needs to do more outlandish things (like the infamous limo escape, Punjabi Party, stealing the title)… someone said he needs to start bringing women down the the ring as valets. Stuff like that.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
It sounds like he says the same thing in punjabi week in and out and i'm getting the idea that his actual punjabi is weak? not sure
Considering he was born and grew up in Canada, I'd reckon it's fluent enough to try to get over with that audience, but how many people born in foreign countries speak their native language perfectly?

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far Jinder's promos has been garbage.
I disagree.

I will admit that they don't exactly feel like main event level promos but that's to be expected considering he's someone who's been working the low card his entire career and only used to cutting low card promos. Now he's been thrust into the spotlight and needs to just learn as he goes.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
The promo's are fine but he needs more conviction in his delivery of them, dude's too quiet!

Also, he needs to so something with that hair as he looks like a tramp

·
JANUARY 5TH
4,693 Posts
I disagree.

I will admit that they don't exactly feel like main event level promos but that's to be expected considering he's someone who's been working the low card his entire career and only used to cutting low card promos. Now he's been thrust into the spotlight and needs to just learn as he goes.
I think its because you are his fan. I was one of those who said he gets this spotlight for the first time and should improve himself. But so far, his best promo was actually his first promo after he won number 1 contendership match. Sometimes best promos are the ones that the most basic. He should have continue to on that route (it was probably Vince's call but still we are evaluating what we have atm) instead of what we got after that. Neville's promos is the most basic heel promo as it comes but he makes it work. Jinder however, has been boring.

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
His soft spoken voice isn't matching the intensity of his facial expressions. No secret that I don't like the guy, but that's me being objective as possible. I actually think he's shown improvement in the facial expression/body language area. If his voice would match that better it would improve the overall quality of his promos.

Reactions: STEVALD

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
I'd like Jinder more if they give him some throat lozenges, every promo he cuts sounds like he has a sore throat... He can barely speak, not because he is bad but because he sound so congested, maybe if he cleared his airwaves out a bit we might get a good promo out of him :p

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think its because you are his fan. I was one of those who said he gets this spotlight for the first time and should improve himself. But so far, his best promo was actually his first promo after he won number 1 contendership match. Sometimes best promos are the ones that the most basic. He should have continue to on that route instead of what we got after that. Neville's promos is the most basic heel promo as it comes but he makes it work. Jinder however, has been boring.
His first promo was not his best…. I know why you feel that way, but a lot of that has to do with how shocking his win was and what it meant in that moment in time. The crowd would have been exploding with boos regardless of what he had to say that night because they were angry that he won.

I actually think his promo skills have improved since that #1 contender win. He's more versatile now on the mic, but the buzz surrounding his rise to the top is fading so promos are going to mean a lot more now than they did before.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I dont know i think most of his promos are very similar and there is no advancement in them and feel the same. Orton not showing up more also affecting this fue i think...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
He should stop faking his voice. Other than that, he's good.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,407 Posts
I find his promos boring as fuck but I think a lot of that is it is the standard fuck america bullshit

1 - 20 of 39 Posts