Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont think this should be apy per view, this type of match should rarely happen and should be considered as the match of the year perhaps but thers wrestlers who dont deserve being in a cell match...its not for evryone

what yall think?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I agree with you completely, the hell in a cell should be special and shouldn't be a PPV gimmick. It made the feuds of the past seem really important when the blow off would happen in hell in cell, now it doesnt mean much. Back in the day people would get excited to see it but now that its a gimmick ppv its just kind of, meh

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
John Cena vs. CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio, and Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry don't really belong in the Cell. Neither did Punk/'Taker in 2009 or Orton/Sheamus in 2010.
I disagree about Orton/Sheamus, it was the match that ended the feud. Which is what HIAC is, a gimmick match that ends feuds.

There should really be 1 HIAC match per year, in 2009 it should've just been D-X vs. Legacy, Punk vs. Taker wasn't necessary & Cena vs. Orton was just another gimmick match they could have under their belt.

In 2010, Orton vs. Sheamus should've been the only HIAC match. Not Taker vs. Kane.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I agree with OP. I remember back in the day the classic matches and some of the most famous moments in wrestling history - Mankind through roof/table, Shawn and Taker, Kane's debut etc. I think that it is wrong to have a HIAC PPV. I don't get why they changed the format so much anyway.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's not only Hell in a Cell, it's all these match-themed pay per views that need to go. Part of the thrill of Hell in a Cell, or the Elimination Chamber, or TLC, was the surprise factor. Most of the time, I didn't see them coming, and it got me excited for the matches! Now, I know that there's going to be Hell in a Cell at the Hell in a Cell pay per view, I know there's gonna be two Elimination Chamber matches at the Elimination Chamber pay per view, and it takes away from the matches, because it doesn't surprise you at all.

·
Registered
357 Posts
they better scrap it next year, this is the 2nd year with it?
same with TLC

like save Hell in a Cell for Wrestlemania

same with money in the bank, save that or wrestlemania as well

all those ppv's named after specaility matches, fuck that

i liked the in your house ppv's after they started calling htem different names like Rock Bottom St. Valentines day massacre, etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is no point in a hell in a cell as just another thrown together match. It is supposed to be a brutal and conclusive end to a storied feud.

The current HIAC PPV is beginning to demean those cells that have come before. Foley didn't go through the table to be considered a cell survivor alongside Del Rio, who is being thrown into the, guaran-damn-teed, tamest cell offering yet next Sunday.

·
Banned
3,483 Posts
Not a fan of gimmick ppv as it kills the very match type that it names itself after,Same thing in tna with that lockdown ppv.its just regluar matches in cages,gimmick matches should be rare and special but in todays wrestling climate it is not.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I definitely agree. Hell in a Cell matches really should only be used to end personal feuds. The worst part is the lack of build with it only being 2 weeks after Night of Champions. There's no build-up...for a HELL IN A CELL match? fpalm

1 - 20 of 23 Posts