Wrestling Forum banner

My ONE problem with The Rock

1681 Views 16 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Kelly Kelly fan
First off let me start off by saying Im a huge Rock fan. I was very happy when he came back last week because it felt like something that was missing came back into the WWE. But then, just like that, it was gone again.

Now Im not asking the Rock to get in the ring but can he at least seem like he is interested in this feud. It seems like the Rock is doing this little gig as a side thing and just cut a promo for a few minutes and then doesnt come back till Wrestlemania and then disappears again. It feels like he didn't really "return" because hes playing his role more as a guest host, which is very very disappointing. The man didn't even show up to RAW last night, and I have some doubts he will even show up to any RAW before wrestlemania. This Cena vs Rock feud is going to get real boring if last night was basically all we will hear about it, save for some "via satellite" Rock promo.

I feel like the Rock thinks hes way above the WWE. Like him doing this for us is some kind of drop by to say hello and leave. The rock's involvement in this hold feud seems to be guest referee at best. Once again he doesn't have to wrestle but please at least show up for the few weeks you're back for. Its kind of disappointing if the rock makes a total of 2 appearances, one being last week. I think he is REALLY REALLY trying to make it clear he is not part of the roster and doesn't plan to have too big of a role in anything. I can only hope Im wrong.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Banned
5,112 Posts
He's an actor who is, like everyone has been asking him for YEARS, giving something back. If he was on RAW weekly it'd make his WM appearance mean less.

· Registered
4,609 Posts
Rock came back as a host to WM. he didn't come back as a weekly tv character. He didn't even come back as a wrestler.
He made his announcement last week, and he'll be back at mania.

Possibility he might show up once or twice in between, maybe even with a taped segment, or via satellite.

rock is awesome. Fans love him. Fans loved his promo last week. Fans will be entertained and toroughly enjoy his performance at mania.

That's it. There was never a question of him becoming an active wrestle, or a weekly character on tv. No reason to be disappointed since it shouldnt have been expected

· Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's an actor who is, like everyone has been asking him for YEARS, giving something back. If he was on RAW weekly it'd make his WM appearance mean less.
Exactly, he's an actor. But he's supposed to be playing "The Rock" not a film star who just remembers "Oh today is Monday night RAW, maybe ill show up". This feud has AMAZING potential, but it seems that it wont be as big as imagined if EACH side doesnt do their part.

· Registered
6,561 Posts
The Rock is not back on a full-time basis. He's content with what he has with Hollywood and this is definitely just something to tide over for a couple of months.

That being said, I have no problem with him not being on TV last night. The idea here is to promote Miz vs. Cena as much as possible, as this is WWE's future vs. it's present/past. Vince wants the Rock to have a role but not overshadow what he's trying to do. You will, however, see Rock have a role in this of beyond two appearances. Remember, the RAW GM said he would deal with Rock later, so it's only fitting to have Cena vs. Miz for the WWE title at WM with Rock as special guest referee.

· Registered
587 Posts
Last night was about taker/HHH return and the fallout from the PPV.

There was never, ever , a hope in hell he would be on the show, because he would overshadow everything else.

They also needed him not to be there for Cena, he couldnt give a scripted comeback if the rock was there to shoot on him as he said it, and if Rock was there, they couldnt have him not come out to that rap session.

· Registered
1,934 Posts
The thing you have to understand OP, is Wrestlemania isn't being centered around the Rock and John Cena. When he came back last week, I knew people were going to take it as he was back full time and he would be on EVERY Raw and start wrestling again. Just be happy he came back for the little time that we saw, and in 6 weeks we'll see him for sure.

· Dear Internet,
1,856 Posts
I they have Rock appear on a bunch of Raw's before Mania then it dilutes the excitement of having him appear at Mania. WWE are good at this stuff. They let you get a little taste of things to come and then bam, hand over some money if you want to see more! In this case buy Mania on PPV.

· Registered
50 Posts
What happened to his speech about he is back for good. Im also a massive Rock fan and I want to see him as much as possible.

· Registered
1,206 Posts
my one problem with the rock:

Sells more bullshit than a liberal.

· Banned
10,744 Posts
I hear what your saying and I agree I was glad he came back but him not showing up last night or possibly not til Wrestlemania is wasting a good feud and it looks to fans like he doesnt care and only wants his Wrestlemania pay

· Registered
136 Posts
It's probably a business decision to save him until wrestlemania. Give the audience a tease of The Rock, but don't overuse your tease because he is one of the main attractions that you want to sell for your big product. You just get a sample. I dunno. It's either that or Vince couldn't convince The Rock to make an appearance or he's too busy.

The Rock isn't going to wrestle it seems, and that's fine. Him coming back doing some awesome promos are always good.

· Registered
548 Posts
What happened to his speech about he is back for good. Im also a massive Rock fan and I want to see him as much as possible.
That's the confusing part of his promo.. I believe he said he promises he won't leave 'us' ever again. How do you interpret that? Personally I don't see him being back full time, why would he there's likely more money to be made doing movies.

Then supposedly he told Kurt Angle, according to an interview Kurt did, not too long ago that he misses being in the ring. (Not sure when this interview was though)

Is this a last hurrah? If so how many more last hurrah's can he have?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.