Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally ive enjoyed every Dreamer match since his TNA debut. His match with Aj Styles was cool too. So why all the trash talk?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Because not everyone shares your personal beliefs.

Personally my favourite match was Angle/Anderson at Lockdown followed by MCMG/BMI. I found Raven/Dreamer at the ECW PPV more enjoyable than expected but I still prefer those other matches.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like some of his promo's and I've been interested in seeing his Hardcore Justice match since him and Raven have a rivalry that goes back so far, but on a weekly basis it's hard to take the guy as a serious threat when he's chubby, looks old and has a bald spot.

It'd be nice to see him as a manager, especially for a fresh face, maybe bring in a "protege" or something. Or commentary or some backsyage job. I've just seen enough of him in the ring, he had great ECW matches, but his prime was over a decade ago.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
If this was truly the most entertaining match of the year (which it isn't) that would be very sad for TNA.

I'd take any BMI/MCMG match over it. Those were the best matches in TNA period.

Angle/Anderson from Lockdown is nothing more than a moonsault off the top of a cage for me. It has no replay value. Anderson/Jarrett from earlier this year was a better match.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with you 100%, The only things on Wwe right now is Old school.

Edge(97), Jericho(99), Orton(02), Triple H(95-96 ?), Kane(97), Undertaker(90),

Remember the tag team matches from 98, There were so many good tag teams, was really enjoyable, now you have maybe five teams in all Wwe. The best thing to do is watch some old Wwf Raw.

Im just watching Raw from 97, and even Superstars was a pretty decent show.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I'm fine with Dreamer's run in TNA. Solid promos, solid matches.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Im all for personal opinion, but his matches are generally the ones where I kinda just shut down and stop caring. Same with the promos. He's a good talker..he's just pretty boring to me.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Can't stand Dreamer, a boring irrelevant character played by a wrestler a long way past his prime. I respect the hardcore spots and the fact that he continued in the RVD match after he messed up his wrist, but I still can't bring myself to sit the whole way through any of his matches (except the one with Raven, I agree that that was awesome)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I say its up pretty high in the best tna matches of 2010 but there is some that were bettre to me and 2010 ain't even over yet.With this rhino and van dam feud going,we might be in for a treat.

angle vs wolfe[both matches]
mcmg vs bm[best of 5 series]
ev2 vs fortune[both matches]
rvd vs dreamer[ppv]

·
Registered
967 Posts
I love Tommy Dreamer and Raven, they were absolute quality in my beloved old school ECW, and the feud they shared in that promotion was one of the best in wrestling in general. But the Dreamer V Raven 2010 match was not in my opinion the most entertaining match in TNA this year, there were matches on the undercard of that PPV that were better then that match

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
ya go back and watch that angle vs anderson match at lockdown that match i gotta say is match of the year so far. that was one epic match. nothing against dreamer vs raven but angle vs anderson was like a holy shit match.

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
I agree with you 100%, The only things on Wwe right now is Old school.

Edge(97), Jericho(99), Orton(02), Triple H(95-96 ?), Kane(97), Undertaker(90),

Remember the tag team matches from 98, There were so many good tag teams, was really enjoyable, now you have maybe five teams in all Wwe. The best thing to do is watch some old Wwf Raw.

Im just watching Raw from 97, and even Superstars was a pretty decent show.
What the hell lol. Dont even start with this crap seriously.

Anyways, my favorite match was AJ/Angle from Genesis.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
MCMG vs Beer money
Mickie vs Tara Turning Point
Anderson vs Kurt Lockdown

My three favorite matches in 2010

Reactions: Yuffie Kisaragi

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Dreamer/Raven was the best thing on that ppv but that's not really saying much, but no way is it even close to TNA's match of the year. And Dreamer is a slow, plodding guy whose promos are terrible and matches have been worse. No clue why he's still there.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Dreamer and Raven had a huge history behind it, which is one of the reasons I loved the match. However, like many people have said, it's not the most entertaining match of the year IMO. It's definitely up there in terms of story, as it is the (supposed) culmination of one of the most intense feuds in wrestling history and arguably ECW's best one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts