Wrestling Forum banner

My main event question for wrestlemania 29

1182 Views 19 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  #BadNewsSanta
If wwe decides to do Punk/Rock for the title and Cena/Undertaker. What ends the show ?

I honestly think it should be cena/Taker ending the show. I mean IMO its wwe's ultimate dream match.
If wwe decides to do Punk/Rock for the title and Cena/Undertaker. What ends the show ?

I honestly think it should be cena/Taker ending the show. I mean IMO its wwe's ultimate dream match.
See more
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Rock would end the show since it's Rock. Period.

The fact that it's a match Cena is in compared to a match Punk is in doesn't matter, Triple H main events over Cena all the time, yet when it's Triple H and Undertaker on the same card with Cena and Rock, Cena and Rock closes. Therefore, Rock gets the last spot. When Rock is around, Cena is the distant #2 guy, he makes Cena look like a midcarder.

It won't happen, though, Cena vs Rock II is sadly imminent, and then it will be Cena vs Undertaker at WrestleMania 30 and Taker will call it quits after that match.

· Registered
10,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rock would end the show since it's Rock. Period.

The fact that it's a match Cena is in compared to a match Punk is in doesn't matter, Triple H main events over Cena all the time, yet when it's Triple H and Undertaker on the same card with Cena and Rock, Cena and Rock closes. Therefore, Rock gets the last spot.

It won't happen, though, Cena vs Rock II is sadly imminent, and then it will be Cena vs Undertaker at WrestleMania 30 and Taker will call it quits after that match.

Cena/Taker is much different than taker/HHH. Much bigger feel/threat to the streak.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
And Rock is 200x the draw that Cena is. Rock still wins.

Cena being their top guy doesn't matter, Rock is an ACTUAL star. You know, in the REAL WORLD, not in this little wrestling bubble we live in. Nobody gives one shit about Cena outside of WWE fans.

· Registered
10,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also gotta factor in that punk isn't even close to being as popular as cena is.

· Registered
2,648 Posts
No matter what. Rock will main event. If he competes he IS the main event guy, and rightly so.

also gotta factor in that punk isn't even close to being as popular as cena is.
But he is facing Rock in this scenario. Who is ALOT more popular than Cena.

· Registered
10,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To me it really shits on the undertaker, what if taker would wanna end the show with cena? Im sure wwe wouldn't say no to,the undertaker.......

· Ho!
20,576 Posts
Hm, I don't know... while no doubt based on pure star power Rock should be the main event of WM, if Taker/Cena happens it wouldn't entirely surprise me if WWE had that be the main event unless Rock/Lesnar happens... in which case even in the completely wrong set of mind Vince couldn't not put that on last.

But I just wouldn't count on Vince putting Cena (his biggest full time star) in anything except the main event, which is why I think if Taker/Cena happens and say, Rock/Punk happens, it wouldn't surprise me to see Taker/Cena main event. I mean Taker/Cena is a WM main event worthy match, but it would be odd and wrong to see Rock not in the main event. Of course if Rock/Cena II happens like it appears to be, then obviously that's the main event.

· Registered
291 Posts
Nobody gives a shit about The Rock outside of the wrestling world. Sure, people know who he is, but they couldn't care less about him. He has only done bad films. Nobody cares about him outside of wrestling/ex-wrestling fans.

· Registered
2,648 Posts
Nobody gives a shit about The Rock outside of the wrestling world. Sure, people know who he is, but they couldn't care less about him. He has only done bad films. Nobody cares about him outside of wrestling/ex-wrestling fans.
Uhm, I don't see your argument. Both Cena/Taker are in the exact same boat. But Rock is hardly seen wrestling, so he draws a lot of the older fans who have lost interest back for a PPV or so. He still has much more drawing power than Cena/Taker. Also, it is a wrestling event, so a majority of buys will be from the casuals/ex fans who hardly buy nowadays due to Rock being back.

· Registered
291 Posts
Uhm, I don't see your argument. Both Cena/Taker are in the exact same boat. But Rock is hardly seen wrestling, so he draws a lot of the older fans who have lost interest back for a PPV or so. He still has much more drawing power than Cena/Taker. Also, it is a wrestling event, so a majority of buys will be from the casuals/ex fans who hardly buy nowadays due to Rock being back.
Sorry, I should have specified, someone earlier said that nobody gave a shit about Cena outside of wrestling fans. That is what I was arguing against. I agree that Rock brings back older fans but I think that Cena/Taker would be a much bigger draw than a Rock match that didn't include those two.

· Registered
3,798 Posts
I read somewhere that Vince wants to save Taker/ Cena for WM30 since that's gonna be the big WM, or supposed to be according to numeric logic. (Not that I'm dissing on the number 29, solid worker and can really have impact, just doesn't draw as well as 30)

But yeah, Rock will ME because you can never be sure how long he'll be round for while it's not like Cena and HHH are going anywhere, plus Taker doesn't really care about MEing.

· Registered
10,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I read somewhere that Vince wants to save Taker/ Cena for WM30 since that's gonna be the big WM, or supposed to be according to numeric logic. (Not that I'm dissing on the number 29, solid worker and can really have impact, just doesn't draw as well as 30)

But yeah, Rock will ME because you can never be sure how long he'll be round for while it's not like Cena and HHH are going anywhere, plus Taker doesn't really care about MEing.

they could always have do cena/taker back to back wrestlemanias ....

· Munster Mash
4,927 Posts
*putting on flame retardant clothing*

What if within the events leading to WrestleMania, The Undertaker wants the WWE title as part of his undefeated streak, Rock {in this scenario, he beats Punk at RR) accepts the match. Angered that he didn't get a fair rematch, Punk comes out and demands his last shot, which Rocky obliges by telling him "we can get this over with tonight". During the match, Cena runs in, AA's Rocky, Punk covers and wins the title. WM changes to Punk v. Taker, but that doesn't sit well with The Rock. He wants a rematch, but he also wants to whoop Cena's candy ass... Again, at WM. Fatal 4-Way for the WWE Championship, with Cena pinning The Undertaker. Cena wins the big one, against The Great One, The Icon, and the BITW, at the Grandest Stage, and flips off the audience, annoucing he no longer cares about what they think of him, and that in this business, it's ride or get rode on. The Undertaker, CM Punk, and The Rock are the losers of the match. Whoa...

· Registered
10,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

What if within the events leading to WrestleMania, The Undertaker wants the WWE title as part of his undefeated streak, Rock {in this scenario, he beats Punk at RR) accepts the match. Angered that he didn't get a fair rematch, Punk comes out and demands his last shot, which Rocky obliges by telling him "we can get this over with tonight". During the match, Cena runs in, AA's Rocky, Punk covers and wins the title. WM changes to Punk v. Taker, but that doesn't sit well with The Rock. He wants a rematch, but he also wants to whoop Cena's candy ass... Again, at WM. Fatal 4-Way for the WWE Championship, with Cena pinning The Undertaker. Cena wins the big one, against The Great One, The Icon, and the BITW, at the Grandest Stage, and flips off the audience, annoucing he no longer cares about what they think of him, and that in this business, it's ride or get rode on. The Undertaker, CM Punk, and The Rock are the losers of the match. Whoa...

epic fail.

· Ho!
20,576 Posts

Your flame retardant clothing better be made of the finest quality.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.