Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In fact my interest in pro wrestling is probably gone too. Stop rehashing the god damn Nexus because they are a fucking joke now. No one gives a shit about them unless Cena jobs to them. The fact that Cena took them all out 1 by 1 burried them lower than any stable in WWE history. Stop with the boring swerves also. Fire the hollywood writers, hire bookers.

The future of the WWE looks bleak. In fact I don't even see a future for them. WWE is a shell of it's former self, I honestly don't know what the fuck happened that made the show so bad past 2006. You used to look forward to watching Raw because almost everyone on the roster had a feud. Now only a few people have feuds and the rest of Raw is commercials (not making money of merch so you increase the commercial time..zzz), matches with no meaning, and then a promo for one of the few feuds going on. In 2006, wrestlemania 22 sold out in 2 minutes. Now even the best seats for wrestlemania 27 are still on sale.

Kind of makes you think what would wrestling would be like if Paul Heyman joined TNA.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Wrestlemania 22 had about 25,000 seats. Wrestlemania 27 has 70,000. Its a bit of difference.

We all know wrestling's popularity is down the shitter. We all know its not as popular as it was in the 90s. We all know the booking at times is fucked uo. But there are some positives. You said it right here, you like the Miz. That douche is WWE champ! You can enjoy the rise of the best pure wrestler in the world, Bryan Danielson, you can enjoy Punk talking his ass off and humiliating every single guy in an arena.

This is a transitional point. Kinda like 1984 or 1993 or 2004. We all gotta adjust. World is changing. The booking may suck at times but atleast there is some form of consistency, with a few shocks thrown in.

Plus, it doesnt matter if everyone on the roster has a feud or not. Wrestling and promoting golden rule no1: If you main event is good enough, nobody gives a fuck what the undercard is like. Key example, the attitude era. Biggest piece of shit midcard I ever saw, but Austin and Rock packed the arenas every night.

Try ROH, they're quite good at this 'wrestling thing'. Apparently steen and El Generico tried to murder each other and that was really entertaining. Been meaning to see that.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Wrestlemania 22 had about 25,000 seats. Wrestlemania 27 has 70,000. Its a bit of difference.

We all know wrestling's popularity is down the shitter. We all know its not as popular as it was in the 90s. We all know the booking at times is fucked uo. But there are some positives. You said it right here, you like the Miz. That douche is WWE champ! You can enjoy the rise of the best pure wrestler in the world, Bryan Danielson, you can enjoy Punk talking his ass off and humiliating every single guy in an arena.

This is a transitional point. Kinda like 1984 or 1993 or 2004. We all gotta adjust. World is changing. The booking may suck at times but atleast there is some form of consistency, with a few shocks thrown in.

Plus, it doesnt matter if everyone on the roster has a feud or not. Wrestling and promoting golden rule no1: If you main event is good enough, nobody gives a fuck what the undercard is like. Key example, the attitude era. Biggest piece of shit midcard I ever saw, but Austin and Rock packed the arenas every night.

Try ROH, they're quite good at this 'wrestling thing'. Apparently steen and El Generico tried to murder each other and that was really entertaining. Been meaning to see that.

then it still should have been sold out with in the first day .

anyways . yes the nexus will get burried again, cm punk will too . and its driving the adult audience away, this is a kids market now , so to see their piece of shit hero win . is what is drawing money to vince's pocket .

i am by no means a cm punk mark, but i will be glad to pick him over cena any day .

i will continue to watch it , for what ever hope i have left to see Cena go under . punk's segment today ? he owned Cenas ass . loved it

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
In fact my interest in pro wrestling is probably gone too. Stop rehashing the god damn Nexus because they are a fucking joke now. No one gives a shit about them unless Cena jobs to them. The fact that Cena took them all out 1 by 1 burried them lower than any stable in WWE history. Stop with the boring swerves also. Fire the hollywood writers, hire bookers.

The future of the WWE looks bleak. In fact I don't even see a future for them. WWE is a shell of it's former self, I honestly don't know what the fuck happened that made the show so bad past 2006. You used to look forward to watching Raw because almost everyone on the roster had a feud. Now only a few people have feuds and the rest of Raw is commercials (not making money of merch so you increase the commercial time..zzz), matches with no meaning, and then a promo for one of the few feuds going on. In 2006, wrestlemania 22 sold out in 2 minutes. Now even the best seats for wrestlemania 27 are still on sale.

Kind of makes you think what would wrestling would be like if Paul Heyman joined TNA.
The writing's shit, but what can ya do....the Nexus storyline was probably changed when the strongest/most badass members were injured.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
then it still should have been sold out with in the first day .

anyways . yes the nexus will get burried again, cm punk will too . and its driving the adult audience away, this is a kids market now , so to see their piece of shit hero win . is what is drawing money to vince's pocket .

i am by no means a cm punk mark, but i will be glad to pick him over cena any day .

i will continue to watch it , for what ever hope i have left to see Cena go under . punk's segment today ? he owned Cenas ass . loved it
You seriously expect them to sell out a 70,000 person arena, with no match announced yet, Undertaker, Shawn, Batista, Triple H all out, in this shitty economy?

Tell me, what colour is the sky in your universe? Is it green?

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
The minute it was indicated that CM Punk is the new leader of Nexus, that's where my interest died too. It makes completely no sense because Nexus attack CM Punk and his group the first day.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
The minute it was indicated that CM Punk is the new leader of Nexus, that's where my interest died too. It makes completely no sense because Nexus attack CM Punk and his group the first day.
How so?

In a kayfabe world, CM Punk had no idea of their reasoning for anything. They just attacked any and everybody. CM Punk's issue is with Cena and his complete ['dishonest'] image. He simply understands that Nexus is all about destroying Cena...and there you have it!

The enemy of my enemy is an ally-type situation.

Who's to say CM Punk doesn't use Nexus and then turn em. Maybe both he and Barrett use this for something else. The whole 'bigger picture' nonsense. Use some imagination. Who's to say they can't book around this?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Everything is average nowadays.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

·
The Man
15,237 Posts
Continuing this Nexus/Cena storyline and involving Punk in it has really drained a lot of my interest. Also the future is looking really dark; none of these new guys stand out much. I still have some interest, but it looks like we're in for some dark times.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts

I disagree.

I have enjoyed the year 2010 of WWE very much. Since starting the 'Entertainment Era', which I count from 2005, 2010 has been my favourite year of the last five. RAW has been much better and I also enjoy SmackDown mostly.

Sure, there are always things that can go better, but in the world of Pro Wrestling, just like the movie business, not everything is to the delight of a fan. For example, WWE has done an amazing job at putting over new young talent, Cena hasn't been WWE Champion for a while now and I did enjoy his feud with Nexus (although the firing thing and how he got back was bad booking). The fact that CM Punk is the new leader of Nexus is not just very interesting, but it makes sense to me. He has started a new feud with Cena and with 'the power in numbers' and using the heel attacks Punk can lead another, bigger faction this time.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Actually I was thinking RAW just got interesting, what with the CM Punk <-> Nexus angle and all that!

This has the potential for a good storyline. Hope they don't mess it up like the 'Cena-fired' angle though fpalm.

·
Banned
177 Posts
if your interest is gone wtf you doin here

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You seriously expect them to sell out a 70,000 person arena, with no match announced yet, Undertaker, Shawn, Batista, Triple H all out, in this shitty economy?

Tell me, what colour is the sky in your universe? Is it green?
People have money, they just aren't spending it. A parent who doesn't give a shit about wrestling will not buy a ticket for their daughter/son.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How so?

In a kayfabe world, CM Punk had no idea of their reasoning for anything. They just attacked any and everybody. CM Punk's issue is with Cena and his complete ['dishonest'] image. He simply understands that Nexus is all about destroying Cena...and there you have it!

The enemy of my enemy is an ally-type situation.

Who's to say CM Punk doesn't use Nexus and then turn em. Maybe both he and Barrett use this for something else. The whole 'bigger picture' nonsense. Use some imagination. Who's to say they can't book around this?
Who's to say they will? Every new story line that approaches, we all come up with great ideas on how everything should be booked. In the end, they choose the most predictable/boring/Cena favoring option.

It's times like these when I wish Paul Heyman was still in the wrestling business.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts